In place of a road map!

Options

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fat-2-fit-tools-for-lifestyle/id485727015?mt=8

=D

I'ts actually easier to understand than the website!
    =D

True. And Android also.

Have you noticed the website actually misspells formula for Katch-Mcardle section?
  • lauest
    lauest Posts: 11
    Options
    Want to read later
  • jsp2374
    jsp2374 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    bump for later digestion
  • shellsie_j
    shellsie_j Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lynette111
    lynette111 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Makes sense. Saving to read all replies at some point. Thanks!
  • joolsweb
    joolsweb Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    This isn't in place of a road map - it IS my road map.

I am not trying to get to my destination by taking the fast lane and all the risks associated with trying to get there too quickly, I am happy to take the safer scenic road, and arrive at my destination happy and healthy.

:tongue:

youve lost what....3% body fat eating about 1600 daily with 1 or 2 spike days of 3k in 5 weeks?
    Amirite?

Yep - you are correct.

I'm a very happy bunny.

This is pretty amazing. I spent a bit of time PM'ing Dan yesterday & his advice & input were logical and I'm feeling confident that I'm going to start seeing some major changes. He's a smart dude. Thank Dan, for your help, and for opening my eyes. I've always been a bit skeered of strength training. Now I can't wait to get a set of weights and start big 3 lifts. :)
  • Bethie_B
    Bethie_B Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BonnieDLG
    BonnieDLG Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Omg! I should be eating 1838 cals? I have only been eating like 1000 or 1400 if I exercise
  • BonnieDLG
    BonnieDLG Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    ok so does anyone know then, since my cal I should be eating is 1838, after I work out, do I eat back those cals? or no? bc on the myfitnesspal it recalculates your numbers....
  • Queen2day
    Queen2day Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • nickims4
    nickims4 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • MissAlexxMarie
    Options
    Bump!

Wow, one I can't believe my body fat isn't even where I thought it would be. I'm way under and I'm at a healthy range. I have been eating way under..at least now I have a good idea on what to do and why I wasn't seeing results!
  • AmberCHM
    AmberCHM Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    ok so does anyone know then, since my cal I should be eating is 1838, after I work out, do I eat back those cals? or no? bc on the myfitnesspal it recalculates your numbers....

From Dan's original post.
    This number is static and I only recommend eating back so your NET is at least 200 above BMR.
  • Jessies_journey
    Jessies_journey Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Bump to re-read....
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    As far as the military body fat calculator, why is the number so high? the other body fat calculators are much less than what I am getting with this military one
  • heybales
    Options
    As far as the military body fat calculator, why is the number so high? the other body fat calculators are much less than what I am getting with this military one

Certain body types can cause one estimate to be higher than the others.

But, if it's within 5%, you can enter both extremes in the BMR calc at goal weight, and notice that the effect on BMR estimate is not that great really, perhaps around 100 cal. Take the middle of the road, and keep measuring in the future.

The hope of course with exercise is to improve the BF% and increase LBM, meaning the BMR estimate will go up! And that can happen while fat melts off and weight stays the same actually.

Measure in another month to redo the figures.
  • heybales
    Options

If you have a rest day, you do NOT eat those back, if you selected an honest activity level. There will be a weekly balance between hard days, light days, and rest days.

If you were to do a weekly spot check, taking out your known exercise calories from that 1838, you should NET above your BMR on avg by about 200 cal.
  • vickystrand1
    vickystrand1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    bump
  • redmapleleaf
    redmapleleaf Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Ok. I think I finally got it. Hopefully someone can agree.

I found my Body Fat using the military formula to be 34.9%.

So my BMR would be 1297 calories.

I chose moderately active since I do body pump 2 times a week, go for a 3 mile run/walk on Sundays and then I'm also an elementary PE teacher so I'm always moving at work.

So that gives me 2041 calories to eat everyday.

TDEE would be 2041 + 20% = 2449.2 I wear a Fitbit so that does seem pretty accurate.

So for me to reach my goal weight my calorie count should be 2041 with only eating back my exercise calories to at least NET my BMR of 1297.