What's for breakfast?

Options
I'm looking for some new breakfast ideas that are under 350 calories, really fill me up, and are somewhat easy to prepare. I've been eating granola bars of some type with some fruit for a few weeks now and I really want to change it up. Does anyone have any ideas?? And please no oatmeal!! Yuck :noway:

Replies

• desireedare
    Options
    i make awesome "protein pancakes"

1/4 c fat free cottage cheese
    1/4 c oats
    3 egg whites
    1/2 scoop of protein powder (I use Optimum Nutrition, 24g per serving..so 12g goes in the pancake!)

I mix it all together and cook it in a pan with non-stick spray. They're a little bland, but anything that's good for you is. I top it with natural peanut butter and banana slices. I put a picture on my blog (i also post my workouts, food, recipes, inspiration, etc.) on there... idesireedareyou.wordpress.com
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    coffee
  • jenncwest
    jenncwest Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been mixing yogurt, cereal and almond butter together for a tasty breakfast.

1/2 cup of Fage Total 0% plain or a container of the Fage Total 0% with peach or cherry
    1 cup Kashi Go Lean cereal or other high-protein dry cereal
    1 tablespoon of unsweetened almond butter

There's enough protein to keep me satisfied, and the combination of textures is interesting and tasty. I've added fresh fruit when I have it or a scoop of my own jam when I use the plain yogurt for a little sweetness.
  • weathergirl320
    Options
    theres the staples, bacon eggs, sausage, steak, my favorite breakfast item is leftovers from dinner! i dont know if its an italian thing, or just my wacky family, but we looove to eat leftovers for breakfast. but usually i just have coffee with heavy cream then wait til lunch or dinner.
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    5 days I week I have this:

1 large egg fried with cooking spray. 90 calories
    1 slice of trader joe's low fat sprouted bread(no flour) 90 calories
    1 tsp sugar free strawberry jam 15 calories

This is just over 200 calories - I eat it at 7am and keeps me full until my morning snack at around 10am.

You can view my diary to get the protein amts as well.

I also make some pancakes for my husbands - these are made with Trader Joes multigrain pancale mix(follow the directions in making them) I also add raspberries and blueberries to it - 2 5in pancakes are 250 calories and very filling.
  • tsherm3850
    tsherm3850 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I like the bagel thins or sandwich thins with some peanut butter on it. Easy, quick, carb loaded, easy to burn off throughout the day.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Overnight Oats

1/2 cup oats
    1 cup of almond milk or any kind of milk
    1 scoop of protein powder
    2 tbsp of PB2

- sometimes i add in nuts or coconut to mix things up. Keeps me full for hours.

Oh I should mention you make this at night and put it in the fridge and eat cold the next morning. You can warm it up but I eat mine cold. You can also google it for more ways of making it.
  • ginaquinn2
    ginaquinn2 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hi J, one of my favorites is scrambled egg's (whites). I usually use the better than eggs brand . It's about 30 calories for 1/4 cup serving. I add a few slices of sliced turkey lunch meat (10 cal a slice or 6 for 60) an oz of shredded cheese for about 110 calories, salsa 2tbs. for 25 cal. So there you have a nice little scramble for about 200 calories. If you are really hungry you can double the eggs to a 1/2 cup and you have only added 30 calories. You can add a slice of toast and butter spray, I use I can't believe it's not butter.........bread about 100 calories butter spray 0. So there you are eggs and toast for about 300 calories.Guaranteed this is more filling than a granola bar :smile: You can prepare this in one of two ways. Sometimes I cook in a skillet and sometimes I cook in the microwave. I try to always spray my dish with a little pam/oil spray before I add my stuff to the bowl. You can even make this the night before and heat in the morning. Enjoy! Gina
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys those are good ideas... And coffee is a given for me lol
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is 2 egg whites on Ezekiel bread (1 slice) with onions, peppers, mushrooms and hot sauce :) with a side of fresh fruit. It's about 275 calories...keeps me full for quite a while....oh and add my morning coffee :)

Other days its a protien shake and oatmeal! :)
  • mississippi_queen
    Options
    Hi J, one of my favorites is scrambled egg's (whites). I usually use the better than eggs brand . It's about 30 calories for 1/4 cup serving. I add a few slices of sliced turkey lunch meat (10 cal a slice or 6 for 60) an oz of shredded cheese for about 110 calories, salsa 2tbs. for 25 cal. So there you have a nice little scramble for about 200 calories. If you are really hungry you can double the eggs to a 1/2 cup and you have only added 30 calories. You can add a slice of toast and butter spray, I use I can't believe it's not butter.........bread about 100 calories butter spray 0. So there you are eggs and toast for about 300 calories.Guaranteed this is more filling than a granola bar :smile: You can prepare this in one of two ways. Sometimes I cook in a skillet and sometimes I cook in the microwave. I try to always spray my dish with a little pam/oil spray before I add my stuff to the bowl. You can even make this the night before and heat in the morning. Enjoy! Gina

This sounds YUMMY!!
  • mississippi_queen
    Options
    i make awesome "protein pancakes"

1/4 c fat free cottage cheese
    1/4 c oats
    3 egg whites
    1/2 scoop of protein powder (I use Optimum Nutrition, 24g per serving..so 12g goes in the pancake!)

I mix it all together and cook it in a pan with non-stick spray. They're a little bland, but anything that's good for you is. I top it with natural peanut butter and banana slices. I put a picture on my blog (i also post my workouts, food, recipes, inspiration, etc.) on there... idesireedareyou.wordpress.com

Thanks! I will definitely check this out!
  • KPainter70
    KPainter70 Posts: 152
    Options
    Just ate 1 egg, 3 egg whites in an omelet with 1/2 cup ff shredded cheese and some chopped onions plus a flax & fiber sandwich round toasted with 1 pat of butter. That's closer to 400 calories, but you could eliminate the egg and just use the egg whites. That would be 330.
  • softwind
    softwind Posts: 493 Member
    Options

Thanks for the ideas!!! I am also looking for make ahead, eat at work kind of stuff and this would work.