Could you really be healthy at 5'7 and 113?

2»

Replies

• banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    What was Marylin Monroe? A size 11? now She was sexy! You don't have to be a single digit size to be sexy.

Hey, if you like to be on the low side of BMI and you're doctor said you're ok, then that's fine with me. It's just not my thing.

And beer and BBQ sounds great! Can I have the chicken though (just grilled please, I don't need bbq sauce, I'm a plain kinda guy)? And a game of horse shoes, I love horse shoes! As long as you guys serve up the Sam Adams beer (Sam lite is fine) LOL, just like a Yankee to qualify a BBQ isn't it?:tongue:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    What was Marylin Monroe? A size 11? now She was sexy! You don't have to be a single digit size to be sexy.

Hey, if you like to be on the low side of BMI and you're doctor said you're ok, then that's fine with me. It's just not my thing.

And beer and BBQ sounds great! Can I have the chicken though (just grilled please, I don't need bbq sauce, I'm a plain kinda guy)? And a game of horse shoes, I love horse shoes! As long as you guys serve up the Sam Adams beer (Sam lite is fine) LOL, just like a Yankee to qualify a BBQ isn't it?:tongue:

You masshole! :wink:
  • banks1850
    Ha! I heard some yankee chick saying that as she walked by last night at the game. She said "I finally got to meet a Masshole today." I cracked up.
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Hi everyone!

I have never posted a message before, I have just recently started coming on this website. I joined out of curiousity to see how many calories I eat and burn in a day. I am currently 24 years old, 5'4", and 104 lbs. According to the BMI I am considered underweight. I have a very small frame and eat perfectly healthy. Actually, people always find it hard to believe that I eat so much and stay so small. My doctor has no concerns either. I'm not saying that some of these extremely small women in show buisness aren't starving themselves, but, on the other hand, not all small people are unhealthy. It's sometimes just natural.

I don't mean to be offensive but if you're already considered underweight then why on your profile does it say that you are trying to lose 4 pounds, surely that's not healthy?!
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    I'm 5'9 and currently about 145. I am in my healthy range but would like to be on the lower side of it. More like 130...if I got any lower Id look sick.
    On the other hand my best friend is 5'6 and 102. She is very thin but doesn't look unhealthy at all.
    It all depends on your body type...even though I'd imagine that staying in the healthy BMI range is best.

ps- guys like like curvy women make me happy! who wants to date a pencil?
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    I started in November, I am pretty small now, some say too small, but to maintain my current weight I eat 1900 without exersice cals, I am at the low end of the healthy weight scale. 1900 plus exersice cals brings me to an average of 2200 to maintain my new weight, so definatly not starving. I think our journeys are very individual, and many factors need to be looked at to decide how low is too low.
  • healthychic
    healthychic Posts: 298
    I was in this health class in college and we took BMI's and other tests, and according to all of them it says I can weigh 115 pounds and NOT be underweight! And I am 5'6. I think if I was that thin I would look disgusting, but who knows? I weigh 135 right now

:heart: Danielle
  • banks1850
    I'm 5'9 and currently about 145. I am in my healthy range but would like to be on the lower side of it. More like 130...if I got any lower Id look sick.
    On the other hand my best friend is 5'6 and 102. She is very thin but doesn't look unhealthy at all.
    It all depends on your body type...even though I'd imagine that staying in the healthy BMI range is best.

5'6" 102, wow, that's pretty small, that's a BMI of 16.5. She can't have much muscle at that weight. How does she open pickle jars? :tongue:
  • anyone that height would be too sickly at that weight

I had a friend in the adult business in Europe - she said they all lie about their weight because before seeing a girl in real life, they would think 135 is fat because all women have been lying about their weight for so long men think that to be normal is like 110 and huge,obese (ala vintage rosanne barr) is like 170. We women all know differently.

I myself am 5'9" and look awesome at 160/165 - ripped and perfect. (Its my goal weight). I've never weighed less than 145 and people told me i didn't look well at that weight.

Don't worry. Its because of women tending to lie about their weight that the numbers are skewed downward. Women who weight 130 are saying 105 or 110 cuz it "sounds better" - more petite. Then women who re actually 150 are saying they are 120. And so on and so on. Its BS so don't worry about it.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    lmao @ "masshole".....:laugh:
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member

5'6" 102, wow, that's pretty small, that's a BMI of 16.5. She can't have much muscle at that weight. How does she open pickle jars? :tongue:

She is very small. Her body is just so tiny, she's very compact. She says she's 5'6, she may be a little shorter...

pickle jar?...good question.
  • blakfar
    blakfar Posts: 4
    Hi everyone!

I have never posted a message before, I have just recently started coming on this website. I joined out of curiousity to see how many calories I eat and burn in a day. I am currently 24 years old, 5'4", and 104 lbs. According to the BMI I am considered underweight. I have a very small frame and eat perfectly healthy. Actually, people always find it hard to believe that I eat so much and stay so small. My doctor has no concerns either. I'm not saying that some of these extremely small women in show buisness aren't starving themselves, but, on the other hand, not all small people are unhealthy. It's sometimes just natural.

I don't mean to be offensive but if you're already considered underweight then why on your profile does it say that you are trying to lose 4 pounds, surely that's not healthy?!

I know. I don't know how to change it. I was just playing with the website and now I don't know how to change that part.
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    You can do the same experiment with watching early reruns of "Friends" compared to later ones. Jennifer Anniston looks normal in the early ones, and then gets skinnier and skinnier as time goes on.

TOTALLY agree! jennifer anniston looks completely different as time goes on.
  • banks1850

I know. I don't know how to change it. I was just playing with the website and now I don't know how to change that part.

you just go to your goals section, there is a button to change goals, and then you can make your goal weight equal to your current
This discussion has been closed.