Ran my first half marathon!!!

Options
On Sunday, my boyfriend and I ran our first half marathon and even though we were getting impatient towards the end of the training, now that we did it, we're already planning our next one for October. The really cool thing is that neither one of us are natural runners and though we are both really slow, we were committed to the process and determined to finish and we did!! Just goes to show that so much of this fitness process is mental.

Good luck to all who are feeling challenged or discouraged. Keep it up! You CAN do it!!

Replies

• MustangVally
    MustangVally Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    kudos! best of luck on the next one :o)
  • lilfurson
    lilfurson Posts: 190
    Options
    Awesome! I did my first a couple weekends ago and have 2-3 more planned for this year. Keep it up! Congrats
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    That is an amzing accomplishment.

What was your time? I am training for one now that will be May 27th - I am hoping to run it under 3 hours.

I have only ever run three 5Ks
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: hat's off...great job!

I hope to be able to write a post like this in the near future! :drinker: My focus will be finishing and not throwing up on my shoes. :blushing: (No particular time goal.)
  • _Tristan_
    _Tristan_ Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It's a great accomplishment!
  • 20carrots
    20carrots Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I was hooked after my first, sounds like you are too! A runner's high combined with a shiny medal == what's not to love??
  • kimbly71
    kimbly71 Posts: 188
    Options
    Woo Hoo! Congrats on your first mini and thank you for the inspiration! I will be running my first mini on April 28th. Very excited.

Keep up the awesome work!
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I have my fourth HM in 2 weeks and I'm no where near ready. We'll see how it goes *L*
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!

I'm struggling to run more than 90 seconds at the moment (keep injuring my calves), doing a 5k at the end of May (was hoping to run it) and hoping to do a half marathon later this year, although as I keep injuring myself I highly doubt I will).

Good luck!!
  • lae1227
    lae1227 Posts: 30
    Options
    I have my first coming up May 6...I'm really nervous! Can you share any tips that helped you through?
  • Doreen_Murray
    Doreen_Murray Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • sunshinesonata
    sunshinesonata Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    On Sunday, my boyfriend and I ran our first half marathon and even though we were getting impatient towards the end of the training, now that we did it, we're already planning our next one for October. The really cool thing is that neither one of us are natural runners and though we are both really slow, we were committed to the process and determined to finish and we did!! Just goes to show that so much of this fitness process is mental.

Good luck to all who are feeling challenged or discouraged. Keep it up! You CAN do it!!

AHHHHHHHHH! I'm so happy for you! this is great! I can attest to just how much of any fitness goal is mental. But you CAN do it! Thank you! this is just what I needed!
  • drechiz
    drechiz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I am doing my first half this weekend! I'm kind of nervous but also excited. I have been training, but I have never run that far before...yet. Props to you!
  • iwillsoonbeslim
    Options
    I doff my cap and offer you a pound of Kudos! Well done you two xx
  • erintheinspiration
    erintheinspiration Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!!! Congratulations to you both!

I started the Ease into 5k program a few weeks ago and I started week 5 yesterday. Of course running a 5k is my first goal, but ultimately I'd love to be able to say I ran a half marathon. It seems so far away, but I'm determined to get there!

Congrats again! :)
  • jaxCarrie
    jaxCarrie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    If you've already signed up for October....your hooked!!! I know the feeling, I am 'not a runner' but we're signed up for our 4th one in early May. I ran my first half last November (Rock & Roll Savannah). I am a sucker for the finisher medals :-) It's such an awesome sense of accomplishment...even if you hate every minute of the actual running. Good for you - wonderful accomplishment!!!!
  • ashreynolds09
    ashreynolds09 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! I am running my first half in June. My training started off with me being sick for strep the first time in my life! I can't wait for my first 1/2 Any tips?
  • FunandFitMom
    FunandFitMom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • poledancing_ninja
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! What was your time?

I am running my first in September.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!