Vegetarian indulgences

Options
2»

Replies

• beancurdie
    beancurdie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Definitely homemade mac and cheese for me. Also, homemade mint chocolate chip ice cream.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    bread+cheese+wine. and chocolate, dark. maybe with almonds.
    simple, but SO good.

sounds good to me :smile:
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    OMG! I'm getting so hungry reading these! Mine would be a spinach pizza, with lots of mushrooms!

For some reason all I can think of is Spanikopita....your post, maybe the mention of spinach, made me crave some. LOL
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Pita, stuffed with falafel, baba ghanoush, a little *extra* tahini, sprouts, tomato, cucumber, and maybe even a little *more* tahini.

^This absolutely! I think I have a falafel addiction :P
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    OMG! I'm getting so hungry reading these! Mine would be a spinach pizza, with lots of mushrooms!

For some reason all I can think of is Spanikopita....your post, maybe the mention of spinach, made me crave some. LOL

Oh, spanikopita! One of my favorites. Tough to find a good one here, though. :frown:
  • bricktowngal
    Options
    bread+cheese+wine. and chocolate, dark. maybe with almonds.
    simple, but SO good.

YES!! THOSE ARE MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITES TOO!
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Here's one.

*any* of the Cypress Grove cheeses.

Humboldt Fog - looks Morbier. Do not be fooled. It's a ripened chevre. Insane.
    Truffle Tremor - Humboldt Fog plus black truffles.

bread, cheese and wine is pretty high up on my list too. crusty baguette or sourdough = awesome.

humboldt fog on top of a burger (sorry, not veg!) is divine.

and yes to indian. naan, dosa, uttapam. some spicy vindaloo.
    oh man... now i need a moment.
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I love falafel and I see it as a pretty good food, in small doses. My biggest weakness is having it with halloumi which I've avoided for a while.

My favourite indulgences are pizza, vegetarian hot dogs, Vegetarian burgers and vegetarian schnitzels.
  • Nerdybookgirl
    Nerdybookgirl Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Vegan Chocolate Death Cake from the Grit. OMG.
  • TKHappy
    Options

Oh, spanikopita! One of my favorites. Tough to find a good one here, though. :frown:

I'm so lucky (or not so lucky LOL) to have some wonderful resturants and pastry shops around here. Not that they are just close by but that they are fabulous! :) The problem is always figuring out what one we want to eat at. :)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I'm so lucky (or not so lucky LOL) to have some wonderful resturants and pastry shops around here. Not that they are just close by but that they are fabulous! :) The problem is always figuring out what one we want to eat at. :)

When I lived in Buffalo, there was a fabulous Greek diner on just about every corner. I miss that. Strangely, I was effortlessly thin back then!
  • TKHappy
    Options
    I love falafel and I see it as a pretty good food, in small doses. My biggest weakness is having it with halloumi which I've avoided for a while.

My favourite indulgences are pizza, vegetarian hot dogs, Vegetarian burgers and vegetarian schnitzels.

I made a salad the other day with romaine lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, mini falafel balls (I made myself), and 2 tbsp of hummus....it was delicious and only about 250 calories and cured my falafel/hummus fix. :)
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    A chile relleno wet burrito with rice and sour cream from Burrito Boy.

Big cheese enchiladas.

Fettucine alfredo.

My homemade cheesecake (best cheesecake I've ever eaten!).

Funnel cake with powdered sugar.

Pepperjack on a stick and a large cherry lemonade from Hot Dog on a Stick.

Phish Food ice cream.

Baked pastas and Parmesan garlic bread.
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options

I made a salad the other day with romaine lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, mini falafel balls (I made myself), and 2 tbsp of hummus....it was delicious and only about 250 calories and cured my falafel/hummus fix. :)

I think may be I should start making them myself instead using the packet mix!