weight loss hynotherapy/hypno band. Anyone tried it?

Options
Just wondering if anyone has any experience of weight loss hypnotherapy. I know it's not a magic cure, but as a yo yo dieter that has gone up and down by 4 stone every couple of years. I'm really interested in trying to make the mental shift for a more long term solution.

Would be interesting to hear anyone's experiences, positive or negative.
Thanks, S x

Replies

• groovyfirechick
    Options
    I purchased a session with a local person here in NY but I haven't gone yet. Hope to in the next 2 weeks or so.
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    Suz...my doctor has recommended it for me. Havent had the money but am interested to hear the responses to your question for sure.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    I bought on my ipod some cd's by Kelly Howell one is for weightloss called sacred body. It's basically a guided meditation tape that you use everyday for 4-6 weeks. It is very very relaxing and it's ok if you fall asleep it's last about 30 minutes. It's supposed to help repattern your brain, I used it like I was supposed to everyday and I did notice some mental changes very shortly. I am a night eater, will do awesome the whole day and screw it up within an hour at night. After the first few days I would walk into the kitchen and stare into the cupboard but there was just nothing there I really wanted and I couldn't put my finger on why. Anywho whether it really worked or it was just a placebo effect it still came through for me. Give it a try if you want to. It would be cheaper to start with this and then if it didn't work for you, you could go see someone.
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    Emmy...thats a great idea...I might have to give those a try...thanks for sharing!
  • groovyfirechick
    Options
    i just ordered it....will let you know if/when it works!
  • SuzMcH
    SuzMcH Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Hi, thank you all for your responses.

I should have been more honest with you. I have signed up to this and have had 2 out of my 4 sessions. And have been listening to the cd at home 3 or 4 times a week.

I should also have not done this right before I had family visit for Easter. My brain could not be reprogrammed when so much chocolate and cake was available. So i'm feeling a little deflated after my 2 sessions.

So I've had my pre op session. And am scheduled for my op this week. I don't know if my subconscious has been taking it in but I am definetly making a lot more conscious decisions to eat less and better. However I also know that I can rebel and nothing bad will happen - trust me I've tested it !

So I've written everything down for my therapist this week and she should be able to see where and when I've cheated and how to address this. I've still not been motivated to do more exercise so this is still an issue.

I'll keep you updated. x
  • clairelowrie
    Options
    I have just had the Hypno-Band fitted last night. Last week the pre op and the week before i had the CBT. So far i have had mixed results but two of my colleagues have also done it and one of them its made massive changes to her. :happy: