Baseball Opening Day Food - Help Please!

Options
Good morning! Friday is the hometown opener for the Baltimore Orioles. My husband is a DIE HARD O's fan and Opening Day is like his Christmas. Needless to say, the plan is for our big group to get down there for the festivities around 9:30 am for a 3pm game (where I will be at the mercy of beer tubs, vendors & fried foods galore).

I will already be waking up super early to go for a nice long run that morning, but I want to use that to offset the beer I'll be drinking. :drinker: I would prefer not to blow the entire day, so if anyone has any ideas on food, I would LOVE it!! I can even pack stuff to take to eat before the game (oh, and I know I'm weird, but I do not like any type of nut, so those are out).

Thanks and GO O's!! :heart:

Replies

• lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    You can look at the menus of the various vendors there and try to do some research as to what might be the best choices. They do have that on the O's website. I know I can't wait until next week when the Nationals have their season opener. (The Nats are my second favorite team because I live in the area). I do feel your pain as to what to have. I made the mistake of having this custard milkshake once. Ouch. I tend to have a slice of pizza and a good beer. I just can't do cheap beer.
  • LaurenMichelle004
    LaurenMichelle004 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Good idea, thanks!! I haven't made it to the National's stadium yet, but I heard it is really nice!
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    It is. Camden Yards is pretty great too. I think both are great in their own way. So ready for baseball season to start!!
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    how FUN!!!

I've been getting really into making smoothies. I'm having a giant smoothie right now that is under 250 calories and these things fill me up for a LONG TIME. Plus, you can make one and take it and nurse it in the morning, so it's just nice to have on hand.

Hot dogs arent GREAT, but they also aren't super high calorie usually. And at my ballpark (AT&T Park in San Fran....GO GIANTS!) there are stands than have asian food.........rice bowls and such. I would be willing to bet you could find something like that. Popcorn, of course, is always a good stand by that you can snack on for a while and not go over on calories.
  • oldmanstauf
    oldmanstauf Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    To my knowledge and experience, you can bring in outside food and non-alcoholic drink to Camden as long as you follow the security protocol for bringing things into the stadium, as outlined on the website.
  • LaurenMichelle004
    LaurenMichelle004 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Great, thanks guys! A smoothie might be a really good idea - I could just keep it in my bag and break it out once I get hungry. Its going to be a great day. :)