What is your favorite motivational quote, saying or mantra?

Options

Replies

• UUZennie
    UUZennie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Continuous Effort - Not Strength or Intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential - Winston Churchill
  • cbart2818
    cbart2818 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    "Not Dead. Not Done. Keep going!"

LOVE this one. I will say this to myself when I am doing my interval training! I want so badly to be able to jog for more than a minute without gasping for air. Not their yet, but this will hopefully push me to go a little bit longer before switching to a brisk recovery walk.

Even better idea, I need this to come through my headphones as back ground noise?? :happy:
  • hockeyislife
    Options
    "You only regret the workouts you don't do...."

I use that when the alarm goes off every morning
  • gsheasley
    gsheasley Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    "I can do ALL THINGS through Christ Who strengthens me!!!"

This!
  • ColleenMachine
    Options
    "Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt." ~William Shakespeare

and a reminder:

"No one has ever felt proud about NOT going to the gym." I don't know to whom that one should be attributed.
  • JasonRVA
    JasonRVA Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Pain is only temporary, quitting lasts forever.

Eat clean, and train dirty!
  • jfcarlson713
    jfcarlson713 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I've always told my kids "Can't means don't want to". Now that I'm training for a half-marathon they tell me that!!!
    :laugh:
  • foster59803
    foster59803 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    You have to sweat like a pig and work like a horse if you want to look like a fox!
  • angielautenbach
    angielautenbach Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You can either be sore tomorrow or sorry your choice!!!
  • gsheasley
    gsheasley Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    "Promise me you'll always remember...You're BRAVER than you believe, and STRONGER than you seem, and SMARTER than you think." Christopher Robin to Pooh

love christopher robin ;)
  • Lane1012
    Lane1012 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    "Get out of your head about it .. just show up .. keep pressing play .. keep pressing play"

-Tony H
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    Looking good is the best revenge~ Ivana Trump
  • cindylou_21
    Options
    I had not heard that one...I like it. :flowerforyou:
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    Whether you think you can or think you can't; you're right - Henry Ford

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!
  • Kooraloo
    Kooraloo Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    "100% of the shots you don't take don't go in" -- Wayne Gretsky
    This one is definitely more geared towards sports, but you can think about it also as... "if you don't try, you won't succeed"
  • offthedeependay
    offthedeependay Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    If you choose not to decide..........you still have made a choice..
  • MissAmyB80
    MissAmyB80 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Whenever I am in the middle of something (exercise) that is getting intense and I want to quit....an RPM class.....an exercise video.....a 5K run. I figure about how much time I have left...and I remind myself. "Amy - you can endure ANYTHING for XX minutes"

If it's just something else crappy I'm trying to get through..stressful day....toddler tantrums......some event I don't want to go to..."THIS TOO SHALL PASS"

And if I'm trying to talk myself out of eating something delicious that will blow my diet. Well hell - I don't have anything for that. Which is why the scale isn't budging lately. Need to go through and read all these and get steal some for that. :)
  • MissAmyB80
    MissAmyB80 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Looking good is the best revenge~ Ivana Trump

Yes - I like this one. I know everyone says you should do it for YOU...but damn.....the revenge of looking good is sweeeeeet!! :)
  • grumpy2day
    grumpy2day Posts: 212
    Options
    It's the end of a much longer quote that I have written in ny log book.

"That moment you discover that the person you thought you were is no match for the one you really are."

And my other is "Your excuse is invalid!"