Warrior Dash - 5k with obstacles and mud!

Options
Anyone participating? I will be running it with my boyfriend in New Mexico on May 5!
Anyone have any tips for training? So excited but can't believe it! :noway:

Replies

• jet221
    jet221 Posts: 70
    Options
    Running with coworkers on May 20th in Maryland! :smile:
  • sh3lby03
    sh3lby03 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the one in MD on May 26th...little scared not going to lie!! I'm just upping my strength training and continuing to try to improve my 5k time. A month and a half to go!!!! :-)
  • sh3lby03
    sh3lby03 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    oops May 19th!
  • yopp98
    yopp98 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i did it last year in Windham Mt. NY. It was really fun! The hardest part was climbing the mountain. The obstacles were fun and not to hard to do.
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I did one in Virginia back in October and and doing a second one in June in Ohio! They are tons of fun. I recommend wearing long pants or leggings so you don't get all scratched up.
  • kvissy
    kvissy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I did Warrior Dash last summer in Tuxedo, NY. Was a lot of fun!

I'm not sure if all of the obstacles are the same but I'm sure they're kind of similar.

Definitely get some running done up and down hill, work on upperbody for climbing (including rope climbs), and play in some mud haha...

Enjoy it!
  • nellie_88
    nellie_88 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Anyone participating? I will be running it with my boyfriend in New Mexico on May 5!
    Anyone have any tips for training? So excited but can't believe it! :noway:

I am also doing the New Mexico Warrior Dash :happy:
    I'm sure worried about the mud, lol. But i've been jogging a lot to prep, plus I do a lot of Strength so hopefully I will do well!
  • kvissy
    Options
    I did one in Virginia back in October and and doing a second one in June in Ohio! They are tons of fun. I recommend wearing long pants or leggings so you don't get all scratched up.

Not sure how the weather's going to be but I was ok wearing shorts (it was hot, and its not the greatest feeling when your clothes are sticking to you). I DID wear knee socks though so that helped w/ not getting too many scratches on my legs!
  • kvissy
    Options
    i did it last year in Windham Mt. NY. It was really fun! The hardest part was climbing the mountain. The obstacles were fun and not to hard to do.

I found it so funny how everyone started the run up the hill like champs then just walked it b/c it was ridiculous tiring...the obstacles didn't even start yet!
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    This year will be my first year! I'm doing it on June 30th, in Minnesota.
  • samanthlou
    Options
    Mine is coming up on the 20th of this month, and I am looking forward to it. I have not done this one before, and I have heard mixed reviews on it, so I am not sure what to expect. I've been assured that I'll have no problem, though :)
  • supermom2002
    supermom2002 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    doing one in Maryland in May
    and another in Ontario in July

Just run, run, and run. the obstacles are really easy. but they like to hold these events at ski resorts or a place with gigantic freekin hills. So if you think there might be some hills...go find a big freekin hill and run up and down until you puke. cuz that's sorta what it felt like for me last year.
  • George1567
    George1567 Posts: 107
    Options
    Some friends, my sister, my wife, and I are entered July 14th in Earlham Iowa. Had to take a noon start, going to be warm I'm afraid.
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Doing one 5/19/12..

Itll be my first one but Im excited and nervous all at once
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I competed this last year and it was my first 5k ever. All I did to train was just run more and build my upper body strength. To be honest I was a bit disappointed as I expected more obstacles. I am doing the Spartan race this september. Its 10 miles with 18 obstacles.....YIKES!!

The key to this is being able to run on all turfs. I would train in all terrain and get off the treadmill. This way your feet are use to the different pounding of pavement and gravel. BEST OF LUCK!!!
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    MAY 19th in MD baby !!!!!! looks like I am seeing a pattern on here ..hhummmmm guess I will be seeing you all there !, I will be the one laying in the mud resting !
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Arizona Warrior Dash on April 28th - I can't wait!
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Running my first one 4/21. This is going to be fun!
  • theleftie
    theleftie Posts: 366
    Options
    July 21st - in North Bend WA. So completely excited for beers at the end of the race.
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    You don't need training at all. I did one in MD last year. I hadn't train a single day before then. I did it because my boyfriend at the time had signed up for it well before us, so I joined him.

And I had seriously drank almost a whole bottle of Jager the night before. YOU WILL DO GREAT!

Warrior Dash is easy! BUT SUPPPPPPPPPPPER FUN! I'd do it again this year.