Random Road

Options
Italian_Buju
Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
Write 10 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. This came from facebook, where the idea was, then you would tag ten people that also did this, but I am sure I can just post and the rest of you can take it from there! Very fun way to learn things about others!

1. I still have a handful of friends from grade school that I talk to on a regular basis.

2. I am Pro Choice, Anti Capital Punishment, Pro Gay Marriage and Anti Marijuana Prohibition.

3. My favorite holiday is Easter, by far.

4. I am Catholic, and though I don’t believe in all their views (see above, LOL), I am a firm believer of their teachings, and am not afraid to witness Jesus, no matter what kind of company I am in.

5. When I was young (16-22) I LIVED at the bars, going out six nights a week for many years……now I go out twice a year, on average….

6. I love playing cards, esp Rummoli, Poker and Euchre

7. My favorite movie is Monster, my favorite TV show is Queer As Folk, and my favorite singer is Buju Banton

8. In the last few years, I have lost about four toxic friendships, and my life is so much more peaceful for it.

9. I smoked cigarettes for over ten years, I have also quit for about 15 years now, and think smoking is gross, I even have a hard time being around it, not to mention horribly bad for your health and wallet.

10. I have severe OCD....not like when people say "Oh, I am so OCD"....I mean ACTUAL clinlical OCD, and it comes with TONS of phobias....the oddest ones I have are fish, raw wood and driving......

Ok, your turn!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,049 Member
    Options
    you should hand this to people on a first date.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    LOL....why?
  • mfisher16508
    mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Ill play:

1. I used to drive an 18 wheeler

2. I did life backwards, kids school and then marriage.

3. I had Gastric Bypass surgery 2.5 weeks ago, and I feel great

4. I have one best friend, and I am happy with that

5. I am a oncology nurse

5. when I am stressed or want to eat, I type, but the keyboard has to click when the keys are hit, mine does.

6. I have to have the door completely shut to sleep, I have to hear it click.

7. I cant have an uneven amount of money: if I have 98 bucks I either have to get 2 more dollars or give 3 away, so its 95 or 100, weird I know.

8. I wont wear sneakers into a bar, even if its a dive bar, I wont do it.

9. I wont wear sweatpants to a store, I will chnge into jeans before I go, I will wear sneakers with my jeans but not too ofter.

10. I have my tongue pierced/
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    1. I grew up in Illinois, moved away from the only place i have ever lived last year, moved to Nevada
    2. i will be 50 years old this month
    3.i first joined MFP in 2009, had success, fell off, gained the weight back, i am back on MFP
    4. I recently set my weightloss ticker back to 0 for a fresh start, my weight this time is down by 37lbs from first time i started MFP
    5. I have one child, a grown son, and a beautiful granddaughter, my "princess" Mia
    6. I am a recovering drug addict, I attend NA meetings regularly
    7. My clean date is October 14, 2006
    8. I struggle with exercising, but i am doing it
    9. I love swimming/camping (in an RV) :smile:
    10. I love palm trees and mountains and most of all TODAY I AM HAPPY
  • mikanjuliansmommy
    Options
    1. I turn the radio down when I am lost or looking for a street or address (so stupid I know)
    2. I love sweets and it is so hard to resist them but I have done it for 3 months now.
    3. I am addicted to household clearners (not smelling or drinking) I just like to buy all kinds to see how well they can clean (it is crazy I know)
    4. I cannot bring myself to tell my boss I am looking for a new job. I love my boss and the people I work with it is great I would stay, but I have my associates in Health Care Administration and I want to find something in the field. My boss knows I graduated he even helped me acchive that goal and move onto my Bachelo'rs but I hate to see him upset.
    5. I love penguins they are so cute
    6. I want to start scrapbooking.
    7. I am usually very lazy but am pushing myself to be active
    8. I am addicted to the SIMS 3 love the game have every expansion pack and stuff pack. I also have Sims and Sims 2 every game but will never use those since I play SIMS 3
    9. I moved far away from home when I was not sure I really loved someone but gave it a chance and I am still with him.
    10. I can fall asleep watching TV but cannot fall asleep with the radio. I hate music on when I am going to sleep.
  • misslissa555
    misslissa555 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Oh sounds like bored fun! :D

1. I went to a college that was everything that I never wanted in a college and so much more! (I was looking at colleges with less than 500 students, preferably 250 students and ended up at a huge university. I didn't want the college to have any frats or sororities.)

2. I tried to join a sorority but didn't get past the first day of Rushing (no one liked me but I didn't like them either). I ended up joining a co-ed service fraternity, Greek only by name, Alpha Phi Omega, and ended up being secretary and Vice President.

3. I'm all for Capital Punishment, especially when it comes to murderers, sex offenders, animal abusers, and anything to do with hurting children.

4. I went to college for Environmental Studies but didn't know anything about hiking and hated getting dirty. Now, I love going for hikes in the woods and love digging through the dirt for worms for my compost bin.

5. I have "only" my senior undergrad thesis to write and then I'll have my Bachelor's of Science in Environmental Studies.

6. I have nightmares almost every night. One reoccurring one is that I'm in a big aquarium and all of a sudden all the glass tanks break and there is broken glass and water everywhere!

7. I use to be able to eat whatever I wanted and lost weight! I could eat 6 doughnuts at a time and not gain a pound! It caught up to me though. :\

8. Zoos make me cry. I hate seeing the animals walking around in circles. They look so miserable!

9. I'm going through a tri-life crisis. I realized I want to become a vet technician and I'm currently going to online school to become certified. I also want to become NDART certified so that I can travel the country, saving animals after disasters and maybe be an animal cop!

10. I love pit bulls and hate discrimination--whether it's people or animals. I hate hate!
  • misslissa555
    Options
    8. I am addicted to the SIMS 3 love the game have every expansion pack and stuff pack. I also have Sims and Sims 2 every game but will never use those since I play SIMS 3

I LOVE SIMS 3! I can't go back to Sims 2 or 1! :drinker:
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    lets see if i can get to ten

1. i have no friends outside my husbands small circle

2 i get to work from home because my parents own the company

3. i stopped smoking cigarettes, snorting speed and drinking alcohol by just making the decision to stop. and that was 10 years ago.

4. i play way too much wow and sims 3

5. i do not like organized religion

6. i have my medical marijuana card because i get manic and its the only thing that calms me down.

7. i have bipolar disorder, bipolar 1, mixed episode, with suicidal ideation.

8. i do not subscribe to any political party, including the libertarians even tho i am socially liberal and fiscally conservative

9. i used to be a phone sex operator, i have a very sexy voice.

10. my husband is writting a book, and i'm writting all the sex scenes to use later in a companion book. i may even record them for an audio book

i made it to ten! :)
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    1. I grew up in Illinois, moved away from the only place i have ever lived last year, moved to Nevada
    2. i will be 50 years old this month
    3.i first joined MFP in 2009, had success, fell off, gained the weight back, i am back on MFP
    4. I recently set my weightloss ticker back to 0 for a fresh start, my weight this time is down by 37lbs from first time i started MFP
    5. I have one child, a grown son, and a beautiful granddaughter, my "princess" Mia
    6. I am a recovering drug addict, I attend NA meetings regularly
    7. My clean date is October 14, 2006
    8. I struggle with exercising, but i am doing it
    9. I love swimming/camping (in an RV) :smile:
    10. I love palm trees and mountains and most of all TODAY I AM HAPPY

Congrats on number 7 :wink:
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    9. I'm going through a tri-life crisis. I realized I want to become a vet technician and I'm currently going to online school to become certified. I also want to become NDART certified so that I can travel the country, saving animals after disasters and maybe be an animal cop!

10. I love pit bulls and hate discrimination--whether it's people or animals. I hate hate!

Both those made me smile, 9 would be such a wonderful profession....and I could not agree more with the last one!
  • csw92
    csw92 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Be forewarned I'm a boring person.

1. I've been an EMT for a little over two years now.

2. I've lived in six states from birth until now.

3. I don't have many friends outside of work.

4. I hate running with a passion.

5. I got my first tattoo when I was 16.

6. I want to become a cop.

7. I owned a yellow-crowned parrot that could only make the sound of the smoke alarm.

8. I love the history channel.

9. I was adopted by the most awesome parents in the world.

10. I hate sterotypes.
  • misslissa555
    Options

Both those made me smile, 9 would be such a wonderful profession....and I could not agree more with the last one!
    Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • misslissa555
    Options
    I love reading what everyone put!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Yes me too!