Starting Strong Lifts 5X5 on Monday! Anyone else?

Options
I chose this program over the extremely long acronym one for chicks because of its simplicity and the phone app is pure awesomeness! The thought of logging everything in Excel made my head hurt as did the PDF I wanted to edit, but the objectives are the same as any other lifting program, the phone app is great, and it's free. Anyone interested in starting or who just started recently? I've lost more inches and body fat with compound lifting than any other exercise program out there so happy I found a simple and realistic program to do on my own, but wouldn't mind some company along the way to track progress!

Replies

• sommerskins
    Options
    I am going to check it out. I just downloaded the ap, let's do this girlfriend!!
  • STurbs33
    STurbs33 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I started this two weeks ago. You're right, it's simple and awesome. I've been increasing my weight on at least one lift per workout. I don't have the app, but I'm just keeping track track on a memo file on my phone and try to up my weight by 5 each time.
  • ammerlou
    ammerlou Posts: 18
    Options
    i started this march first and I am already up by 20lbs from where i started on the lifts!
  • Doreen_Murray
    Doreen_Murray Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Schweet! I ordered a body fat analyzer yesterday and measuring tape so I'm looking forward to seeing some results! Whoot Whoot! :tongue:
  • Lauraph
    Lauraph Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am going to check this out, too. I have been neglecting weights and I can feel it. I know to swim/bike/run faster I need to get stronger.
  • DaveRCF
    DaveRCF Posts: 266
    Options
    Started yesterday. Should be an interesting adventure. Good luck!
  • jts10
    jts10 Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm in! I really want to do this, but feel like I'm going to look stupid in the free weight room. I wish I had an in-person friend to do this with. No one lives in my town but rambunctious college students
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I really want to do this, but feel like I'm going to look stupid in the free weight room. I wish I had an in-person friend to do this with. No one lives in my town but rambunctious college students

You pay to use the gym just the same as any musclehead in there. Don't let them intimidate you for a second. In fact if you ask them something you'll probably be surprised to find that most are a lot nicer than you'd think.

Also Stronglifts has been berry berry good to me!
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    So how does the app work? Does it very the exercises for you so that you work different areas?? I am very interested in this!!
  • bettiep123
    bettiep123 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything about this program (yet :-) but I like to lift weights and am all about shedding unwanted body fat. So I just downloaded it to my iPhone. Count me in!!!!
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I did this routine too its very good i must admit, you dont get over tired n get a lot out of it as a base to build further :)
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    is there an android app for this or just iphone?
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Started 3 weeks agao. I love the iPhone app! Tells you what weight to do and keeps track of where you are in the set. Easy to use and stores all the data. The guys website is horrid. Like one big infomercial but the iPhone app is awesome and the workout is great!
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    IDK if there's an android app. I also switched from NROLFW to Stronglifts, although I find the workouts way too short. If I want to get a better calorie burn I have to add the dreaded cardio.
  • Doreen_Murray
    Options
    I didn't even check for a group. I'll join the group. Happy to see some of my pals interested! Yay! Feel free to friend me if you need support or just want to keep track together. Cheers, D.:flowerforyou:
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    IDK if there's an android app. I also switched from NROLFW to Stronglifts, although I find the workouts way too short. If I want to get a better calorie burn I have to add the dreaded cardio.

I've thought the same things but I've been counseled to enjoy that while I can because that increases as you go through and up the weight. Also, I've been surprised the next day and the muscle fatigue and stiffness from some of those short workouts!
  • Doreen_Murray
    Options

Dreaded cardio will be added to my routine too, probably throw some intervals in there to keep the cals up!
  • staci2023
    staci2023 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded the app to my Iphone. I'm going to do it w/my weight bench at home, hopefully I can do it w/out the gym.

I'm really excited to start!!
  • kmbhoya2000
    kmbhoya2000 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'll try! I just finished the weight program I was doing, so I need something new!!