1730 calories - is this correct?

Options
I have recently joined MFP in the hope of losing at least 6stone for my wedding next year (If I could lose 8 that would be fantastic!). My recommended calorie intake is 1730 to lose 2lbs a week??? Is that right? Whats been the experience of the calories on here, are they usually accurate?

Replies

• chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I started off at over 2000 calories a day, now I'm at 1760, after losing 100lbs.

It can be done..... I'm proof of that.

Good luck!
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I have recently joined MFP in the hope of losing at least 6stone for my wedding next year (If I could lose 8 that would be fantastic!). My recommended calorie intake is 1730 to lose 2lbs a week??? Is that right? Whats been the experience of the calories on here, are they usually accurate?

The calorie amounts vary depending upon how much you weigh at this moment.

What will happen is that everytime you lose acertain amount (say 10lbs) MFP will ask if you wish to have your calorie allowance amended to take into consideration your weightloss. If you click "yes", it will change it to slightly fewer calories and so on until you eventually reach your goal.

Personally, if I were you, I would go with what it recommends, and see what happens x
  • Miss2Mrs2013
    Options
    I started off at over 2000 calories a day, now I'm at 1760, after losing 100lbs.

It can be done..... I'm proof of that.

Good luck!

Wow, thats amazing and inspirational - can I ask how long that took you to lose?
  • Jeslynn81
    Jeslynn81 Posts: 25
    Options
    Depends on your size, activity etc. I am currently at 1270 and lost 3.8 this week and 3.4 the week before. :)
  • craftlounge
    Options
    I think everyone gets a different amount based on where the begin as the above poster said. I started with 1240 before exercise and wanted to lose 15-20 pounds total.