I have 220 calories left, what should I have for dinner?

Options
I ate pretty well today--a 130 cal bag of pirates booty (teehee) was my main indulgence. I also did zumba. And yet I have 220 calories left for dinner--including exercise cals.

Last night I had fish and veggies, so that's out. Anyone have any other filling, low cal dinner ideas for me?

Replies

• mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    soup? i had soup for my diiner! nommmmm
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    1 TBSP of Nutella and a squirt of whipped cream
  • Buttercupmcgee
    Buttercupmcgee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    1 TBSP of Nutella and a squirt of whipped cream

Mmmm, filling! Don't tempt me, I have been known to have the eating habits of a five year old when left unsupervised. (Fruit Loops for lunch, I'm talking to you.)
  • WatchMomRun
    Options
    If you have any veggie burgers like Boca they are about 100 cal then you could pair it with a 100 cal bun and maybe even squeeze in a side salad. Or go out for a quick walk to free up a few extra calories :)
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    100 or so calories of soup and an apple.

Or another round of cardio and whatever you want to eat.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Eat a bunch of negative calorie foods :)
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    how is it that you only have 220 left yet you didn't REALLY indulge at all? is your calorie target high enough?

I say a 3oz chicken breast (~90-100 calories) over a couple cups spinach (20 calories) 1/2 oz feta (~40 calories) and 1/2 cup black beans (50 calories) ... Drizzle with balsamic vinegar (10 calories) = 210-220 calories
  • Buttercupmcgee
    Options
    If you have any veggie burgers like Boca they are about 100 cal then you could pair it with a 100 cal bun and maybe even squeeze in a side salad. Or go out for a quick walk to free up a few extra calories :)

Oh wow, good to know! I am contemplating another stroll I'm just so burned out from zumba +20 minute walk earlier. All signs point toward me being a wuss.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Vegetable soup fills me up fast :D
  • LeggyKettleBabe
    LeggyKettleBabe Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    A big ole salad and a walk after dinner for a nite time fruit snack before bed :)
  • Buttercupmcgee
    Options
    how is it that you only have 220 left yet you didn't REALLY indulge at all? is your calorie target high enough?

I say a 3oz chicken breast (~90-100 calories) over a couple cups spinach (20 calories) 1/2 oz feta (~40 calories) and 1/2 cup black beans (50 calories) ... Drizzle with balsamic vinegar (10 calories) = 210-220 calories

Well, it says:

Goal 1280 Food 1452 Exercise - 427 Net 1025

Am I missing something? Do I secretly have 600 calories left? (...dear god say yes...)
  • Karahazen103
    Options
    For a VERY easy dinner go pick up a low cal delicious lean cuisine! If you are still good on your sodium that is. I sometimes like those! :)
  • hubkal
    hubkal Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    go for a really quick one mile walk and burn 100 calories and then you can REALLY go for it! lol
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    light bread (2 slices=70cal), deli turkey (60cals max) slice of cheese (70cal), random veggies (<20cal) bam!
  • FancyChick305
    Options
    fish/seafood and veggies or soup
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Eggs, with veggies and a side of bacon.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I'd go for a little jog to get more calories.
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Yup, my first thought would be a soup.

Something like:

Pre-prepared veg or meat stock (low salt version if possible)
    Veges to taste i.e. onion, carrot, potato to start with then things like kale, peas just at the end
    Put in some cooked beans for protien and to fill you up i.e. cannellini or kidney beans

Don't eat bread with it unless you're definitely going for that walk!
  • millers617
    millers617 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Chicken lettuce wrap! yummmmm
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Veggie omelet with fruit side.