BEST readily found protein bar?

Options
needs to be something i can get at a drug store or corner market in NYC....any ideas

Replies

• Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    How do you define "best"? Highest amount of protein? Best protein to carb ratio? Highest overall calories? Lowest?
  • jeffarthur
    jeffarthur Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    How do you define "best"? Highest amount of protein? Best protein to carb ratio? Highest overall calories? Lowest?

highest protein...I guess. I'm actually more concerned that it doesn't taste like a sock.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    The best readily found protein bar (atleast in the Wash DC area) that has a good ratio of protein to taste aspect is probably the Oh Yeah protein bars.
  • iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Zone bars and Clif bars!
  • ckneasel
    ckneasel Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    they're all pretty much crap...
  • c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein Revolution - Chocolate Peanut Caramel :love: Tastes just like a Snickers bar!

180 Calories
    20g Protein
    1g Sugar
    6g Fat
    150mg Sodium
    17g Carbs
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I really like the Pure Protein bars. 20g of protein, not too much sugar and they taste good.
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options

this

too much fillers in them. better to grab a protein shake with minimal sugar and a piece of fruit or something.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I love Luna Bars. 180ish cals, 8-9g protein, taste delicious!
  • Gigilly
    Gigilly Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    The best readily found protein bar (atleast in the Wash DC area) that has a good ratio of protein to taste aspect is probably the Oh Yeah protein bars.

I concur, these are tasty and have a fairly high protein content.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Zone bars and Clif bars!

OMG, Clif bars kill my jaw. It is so much work to eat one, it doesn't taste that great, and then it sits in my stomach like a lump. I'm not sure which is worse, a Clif bar or a Power Bar.
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options

this

too much fillers in them. better to grab a protein shake with minimal sugar and a piece of fruit or something.

Agreed. You'll find more protein, lower cals, and less crap in a protein shake
  • c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein Revolution - Chocolate Peanut Caramel :love: Tastes just like a Snickers bar!

20g Protein
    1g Sugar
    6g Fat
    150mg Sodium
    17g Carbs

I am mentally allergic to protein shakes and bars because of their god awful taste, but I have to admit, ^^THAT^^ actually tastes pretty darn good!
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options

20g Protein
    1g Sugar
    6g Fat
    150mg Sodium
    17g Carbs

Thanks Maam! :wink:
  • mbraza
    mbraza Posts: 9
    Options
    YOU HAVE TO GET NUTRILITE !!! It is absolutely amazing!! My friend gave it to me one day and I am hooked since... I like the Lemon Twist one but I suggest you get the variety pack and tase all the different ones... I am providing the link that I order it from... Comes right to my door step... is kinda neat.... Definitely atleast try once!!

http://www.amway.com/Shop/Search/SearchResults.aspx?searchkeyword=meal bar&pwsID=MHH

Cheers :)
  • jenniferlynn12
    Options
    Pure Protein- 20 g protein and I like the taste! :)
  • cherrytulips
    Options
    In my opinion, Cliff bars and Luna bars are overrated because of how many carbs they contain.

I'm a fan of:

~ 'Think Thin' protein bars b/c they have 0g sugar and 20g protein.
    ~ 'Greens Plus' protein bars
    ~ 'PureFit' protein bars

Those are my top favourites
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options

this

True but if the OP needs something on the go, it's kind of a pain to lug around a shaker bottle. Protein bars aren't going to kill someone. Shakes are healthier but honestly depending on the whey you buy...they can be crap too. =)
  • lizzynewm
    lizzynewm Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    i've never found a good one! i recommend getting whey powder and mixing it in with skim/almond milk or into smoothies. so much more delicious, and you can actually see what you're putting in it. or bake/make your own protein bars to fit your non-sock tasting needs! there are so many recipes on the internets...
  • diinva
    diinva Posts: 57
    Options
    The Pure Protein bars are pretty filling and taste good.