hello all

Options
Hi. My name is Cindy. I am on the wagon again towards losing 100 pounds. I used to weigh almost 400 pounds. I decided after a major heart problem that I had to make major changes in my life.
It became the YEAR OF MOM. I exercised 1-3 times a day. I wrote all my food down, I was taking care of ME. But, alas, I let family and everything else get in my way. I am now 260 and want to lose another 100 pounds. I lack motivation. I need your help and wisdom. In my blog I am going to tell you hints on what helped me to lose weight when I was motivated, Example__ Hungry for hot apple pie? take a small bowl of apple sause and add a little pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon and heat in microwave.
Wala! You have pie minus the crust!!!

Hoping to make lots of friends doing this blog and keeping track of my food and exercise here.

I live in Ohio. I am 57 years old. Good Luck and Take Care

Replies

• ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Welcome Cindy:flowerforyou:

I used to write my food on paper then in a shreadsheet. This is a LOT easier.

Good luck to you and congrats on your loss so far.
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a long way you've come! I will very gladly read your blog, because you've obviously learned a lot on your journey! It's very kind of you to want to share it with us!

I have a feeling your motivation is coming back full force!

Welcome!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful, easy to use and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Saudimom
    Saudimom Posts: 136
    Options
    Wow good for you!!! Please any tips will help....I love trying new and simple recipes!!! Thanks:wink:
  • zenab
    zenab Posts: 5
    Options
    Hello and welcome :bigsmile: We're all here to support U :happy: 'Cuz we all wanna lose weight too !

Good luck !!!
  • Saudimom
    Saudimom Posts: 136
    Options
    I love your drawings!!!! So cute....I have some te shirts from Zara's that kinda reminds me of that...You go girl!!!!
  • nobleps
    nobleps Posts: 95
    Options
    I live in Ohio so HI fellow Ohioan!:bigsmile:

Hello and Welcome :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
    MFP is the greatest diet aid tool I have ever found. If I had to write all this stuff down....well..you know- I haven't got the time, much less remember. Keep yourself accountable. Look up calories in foods your not sure about. Processed sugars and HFCS high fructose syrup are bad! Stay away from fast foods unless you know how many calories and what kind are in them. This is really about changing your life and way you eat forever. Grabbing food for comfort or boredom is no longer an option! :noway: You must be aware of what, when and where you are eating. So get started! Get psyched! Get pumped! Grab your water bottles for plenty of filling/flushing H2O! :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :smooched: