Snacks without much fat?

Options

Replies

• ikeeprunning
    Options
    Yum! Powdered Peanut Butter sounds awesome!!
  • angelashay42
    Options
    Looking at your food diary, you're really not over your fat budget. I sincerely doubt that the chocolate chip cookie you ate with 127 calories has 54 grams of fat. That's almost impossible. So I think you're good, your numbers are just off.

You were probably looking at the "calories from fat", not the actual fat content.
  • SandyPianoGirl
    Options
    greek yogurt
    raisins
    carrots
    protien bars ( nature vally)
    apples
    oranges
    fruits
    almonds have the good fats though
    Thanks very much for your answer!:)
  • SandyPianoGirl
    Options
    Yum! Powdered Peanut Butter sounds awesome!!
    It certainly does :D
  • smm9891
    smm9891 Posts: 1
    Options
    how are you getting those abs?
  • wjranch
    wjranch Posts: 152
    Options
    Jello Fat Free Chocolate Pudding... mixed with skim milk and a scoop of whey isolate protein powder (y)

have your snack tonight... put the rest in an ice cube tray for sweet frozen "protein bites" when you need a little extra one day!
  • boredgeek
    Options
    If you're not worried about sodium then Beef Jerky is good for high protein and low fat.

You are right to avoid fat, cause it carries a higher caloric amount per gram than both carbs and protein. You get fuller eating things lower on fat and higher in carbs and protein.
  • SandyPianoGirl
    Options
    Looking at your food diary, you're really not over your fat budget. I sincerely doubt that the chocolate chip cookie you ate with 127 calories has 54 grams of fat. That's almost impossible. So I think you're good, your numbers are just off.
    Thanks:) You're probably right. I do question if my food tracker is right, because sometimes I can't believe how many calories of what I ate had, or how many grams of fat something else had.
  • stylishgirl
    stylishgirl Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    kale chips, there's a recipe on the hungry girl website. but really really easy to customize. take some kale (I prefer baby kale but it works with any dark leafy green), spritz lightly with oil spray (whatever you prefer, I'm using coconut spray oil right now), sprinkle with any seasoning you like (bbq is awesome, curry powder, tex-mex, black pepper, tiny bit of sea salt, etc), broil for 4-6 minutes (watch closely they burn fast but are still yummy). voila! naturally low-fat, low-calorie, high fiber, and crispy yummy.
  • jeannemarie333
    jeannemarie333 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried the cheddar cheese flavored mini rice cakes? Aldi sells them and some other pretty good "fit n active" type low cal, low fat snacks. good luck!!
  • SandyPianoGirl
    Options
    Jello Fat Free Chocolate Pudding... mixed with skim milk and a scoop of whey isolate protein powder (y)

have your snack tonight... put the rest in an ice cube tray for sweet frozen "protein bites" when you need a little extra one day!

Thanks a lot for your suggestion!:) Fat-free pudding never even crossed my mind lol, but I love it! Since I already had some yogart tonight, I'll probably have that some other time, but thanks again for the idea!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you're not worried about sodium then Beef Jerky is good for high protein and low fat.

You are right to avoid fat, cause it carries a higher caloric amount per gram than both carbs and protein. You get fuller eating things lower on fat and higher in carbs and protein.

There is ZERO reason to avoid fat. Fat is what makes your skin, hair and nails healthy. It provides greater brain function and organ function, etc... As long as you are in your calories, you should be good to go.
  • pat6250
    pat6250 Posts: 90
    Options
    Slices of apple with cinnamon sugar....baked apple.....fresh strawberries....Smoothy made of skim milk, ice, a half banana, and some low fat or fat free yogurt.....carrot sticks or celery sticks dipped into fat free dressing....pizzelles (23 calories each)......jicama slices sprinkled with lemon and chili powder.....cold coffee, skim milk, a little chocolate syrup and 4 ice cubes blended until frothy:love:
  • Balance27
    Balance27 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Nonfat Greek yogurt with frozen berries and maybe some honey.
  • Tajdancer
    Tajdancer Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    A big giant bag of Lay's Potato Chips! Just kidding.

I like Sabra hummus. 6 grams of fat per 2 tbsp serving (really quite a lot, to my way of thinking--I could even have seconds!). Spread on some low-fat delivery device like veggies or low-fat crackers or such. Of course, I've been know to scoop it out of the container with my index finger. My index finger is very low fat. 'Cause, I don't eat the whole thing.

Seriously, though, there are some great choices suggested here. Good luck!
  • SandyPianoGirl
    Options
    kale chips, there's a recipe on the hungry girl website. but really really easy to customize. take some kale (I prefer baby kale but it works with any dark leafy green), spritz lightly with oil spray (whatever you prefer, I'm using coconut spray oil right now), sprinkle with any seasoning you like (bbq is awesome, curry powder, tex-mex, black pepper, tiny bit of sea salt, etc), broil for 4-6 minutes (watch closely they burn fast but are still yummy). voila! naturally low-fat, low-calorie, high fiber, and crispy yummy.
    Thanks! I already ate my snacks tonight, but I'll definitely use that for the future!:)
  • SandyPianoGirl
    Options
    Have you ever tried the cheddar cheese flavored mini rice cakes? Aldi sells them and some other pretty good "fit n active" type low cal, low fat snacks. good luck!!
    Never had them. I'll give it a try:) Thanks for the suggestion!:)
  • jwaler
    jwaler Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just bought some Cracker Jack at Costco. It only has 2 g of fat for a box. It is a good snack especially if you are craving sweet & salty. Too bad the prizes stink in the box and you are lucky to get two peanuts in a whole box though. LOL.
  • SandyPianoGirl
    Options

There is ZERO reason to avoid fat. Fat is what makes your skin, hair and nails healthy. It provides greater brain function and organ function, etc... As long as you are in your calories, you should be good to go.
    I'm getting so many different answers about fat, on whether it's good for you or bad, so I don't really know what to think. I've always thought that having too much fat was bad for you, but I did a little more research, and it looks like it's good. Thanks for your answer!:)
  • SandyPianoGirl
    Options
    Slices of apple with cinnamon sugar....baked apple.....fresh strawberries....Smoothy made of skim milk, ice, a half banana, and some low fat or fat free yogurt.....carrot sticks or celery sticks dipped into fat free dressing....pizzelles (23 calories each)......jicama slices sprinkled with lemon and chili powder.....cold coffee, skim milk, a little chocolate syrup and 4 ice cubes blended until frothy:love:
    Wow, thanks!:) Everything you said sounded so good! I already had my snacks for tonight, but I'll use it some other time:D