How did you find MFP?

Options
2»

Replies

• mellynat
    mellynat Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I can not remember how in the world I found it! or if someone told me about it. I wish I can find out some way so I can thank them everyday for finding this amazing site! It's seriously changed my life. I've gained a lot knowledge about food and exercise.
  • emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I don't remember exactly what brought me here... I think it was a friend of a friend talked about it? Not quite sure, but this sure has become a BIG part of my life!!
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I blog. And one of the blogs I stalk regularly mentioned it. I signed up but didn't really get into the social aspect of it until about 6 months or so in. Now I'm hooked.

This is pretty much the exact same for me. Exact.
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I googled "free weightloss plans and trackers" or something to that nature. I just had a baby and tried to follow the old weight watcher plan on my own and it wasn't working and I was trying to track everything I was eating in a notebook on paper. I didn't want to spend any money because I am poor. I found this site and noticed it had a free phone app as well. What is not to like, I losing? I love it!
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    When I wanted to start losing weight, I searched health apps.
    I was in pure amazement when I found mpf
  • abbezen
    abbezen Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I are on this weight loss/healthier lifestyle journey together. I was using calorie counter and she was using MFP. She talked me into using MFP and I am so glad she did. We can keep closer track of each other and root each other on on a daily basis. I love it!
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    When I wanted to start losing weight, I searched health apps.
    I was in pure amazement when I found mpf
  • nannyx6
    nannyx6 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    my neighbor and friend told me how good she was doing by logging her calories here and sure enough it really works!
  • shannoninBC
    shannoninBC Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I honestly can't remember, I think it was a blog. I hooked a lot of people in, mostly family who have since been deleted haha
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    A couple of friends (who did not know each other) were both using MFP and seeing results. I had to check it out.
  • SarahSwimmer
    SarahSwimmer Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Ironically, to help calculate points for Weight Watchers. Needless to say, I'm calculating way better things now!
  • tigmic
    tigmic Posts: 12
    Options
    Mine was by accident. I got a new phone and was bored going through apps. I found one site and it wasn't good. Then I saw another app and got on here, posted, logged, and have loved it ever since. That was December 2010. How about you?

Same here. I think I read on a blog a general statement like: "Many smart phones have apps that help you count calories". That initiated the search that led to my discovery of MFP. Admittedly, I ignored it for quite a while. I was never very dedicated or consistent. Only recently have I taken it seriously and have been using it to get in shape. But now, like you, I like it a lot and realize its usefulness.
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Android Market - looking for a calorie counting ap.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Google. I was on fitday but I really didn't like it so I google fitness diary (I believe) & MFP popped up. I am so happy it did.
  • rrrainiii
    rrrainiii Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My friend and I were going to keep each other "in check" with food diaries - handwritten in notebooks. I wanted to track more than just calories...I wanted fat, fiber, carbs, protein, etc. I thought to myself, "there must be an app for this." So, I searched and it was the top free app for health/fitness! There is literally no excuse to not keep track of what I eat. The barcode scanner is insanely convenient. Love the site, love the app!
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    My friend (brother-under-the-skin) and his daughter found it, knew I had a Kindle, and told me about the app. :happy:
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I was looking for a calorie counter app but I got my first few friends from another semi embarrassing app. Then months later I realized their was a website and then a few months after that I started interacting in the forums and had/have some of the greatest and supportive MFP friends ever.
  • Fairy_Farts
    Fairy_Farts Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    At the beginning, I found it to be lumpy, and cold like week old oatmeal left in the attic after a morning of trying on Grammy's old barn raising frock....

but then I was more social and found it to be much more spicy and full of vigor, like a bowl of Mike's chili that makes you want to cry and laugh hysterically at the same time while you run around the house ripping your clothes off just to try and cool your body down before you spontaneously combust!

Why do you ask?