I started 3 days ago...

Options
Hi every one. I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jenny and I live in Madison, WI. I am 27 and have just started my "life style change" on Tues. Aug, 11. I was recently told by my doctor that If I don't start loosing weight that I could mostlikely be dead by this time next year. She told me that because last year on 02/19/08 I suffered a massive stroke and have gained almost 40 lbs with in a little over a year. Unfortunately, anytime I do any kind of "real" physical activity for over an hour, I end up getting sick. Really sick. But I can do up to 30 min/3days/week with no problem. Weird, I know. Anyway. I'm really hoping this cal calc helps me keep track of everything I do. Message me If you'd like to know more.

Thanks for your time and have a super day!!

Replies

• stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on your lifestyle change! I'm sure you'll find that as your body gets healthier and stronger, the exercise will come easier, too! My new not-so-guilty pleasure is Hungry-Girl.com... I checked it out after other MFP members were raving about it... It has TONS of recipes from restaurants and fast food places remade into healthier low-fat low-sugar alternatives that actually taste good and fill you up! Good luck!!
  • patns
    patns Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good for you for getting on top of this. My brother in law had a massive stroke two years ago at age 47. He was not someone who anyone would think had any health problems before he had the stroke. It has taken a long time for him to work his fitness level up after so I am not surprised that you feel sick after an hour of exercise. That is a lot!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi every one. I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jenny and I live in Madison, WI. I am 27 and have just started my "life style change" on Tues. Aug, 11. I was recently told by my doctor that If I don't start loosing weight that I could mostlikely be dead by this time next year. She told me that because last year on 02/19/08 I suffered a massive stroke and have gained almost 40 lbs with in a little over a year. Unfortunately, anytime I do any kind of "real" physical activity for over an hour, I end up getting sick. Really sick. But I can do up to 30 min/3days/week with no problem. Weird, I know. Anyway. I'm really hoping this cal calc helps me keep track of everything I do. Message me If you'd like to know more.

Thanks for your time and have a super day!!

Hi Jenny, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    As for exercise, it doesn't always have to be awful or TOO strenuous. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also recently aquired the Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • Jellishearts
    Options
    That's very good to hear. I was beginging to think I was doing something wrong.
  • Jellishearts
    Options
    Thank you very much!! As I've been reading the posts and success stories on here, I feel more and more confident that I will be albe to reach my goal.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful, easy to use and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Clovermom
    Options
    Welcome Jenny! I started on 8/5/09 and my name is Jennie! I am really excited about this site! I have already met some really nice people!!:flowerforyou: