CHEATERS...

Options

Replies

• jaydubbayu
    jaydubbayu Posts: 456
    Options
    I thought I was going to go WAY over this past weekend, because of my beer/liquor intake. But I ate less, and only snacked on pretzel rods here and there, so I didn't go WAY over really. Pretty happy about that! Tracked it on here, too! (might've left out a few jager shots tho!) :tongue:
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I have a cheat meal on friday eve. or saturday and I do not log it... It can be anything from a nachos and cheese appetizer, 14 inch pizza, and hit the ice cream store (cold stone creamery) something along those lines.. I dont fret it because it is my treat for busting my butt all week long and it keeps me honest the rest of the week and eating on plan...
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    When I first started at MFP, a cheat day could be anywhere from 5,000 to 7,000 calories since I was still in old habits. However, today I sorta had a chat day and did like 2500 calories and after burning it out, I still have 60+ calories left to eat. Same thing happened in last weeks cheat day when I went out to eat bbq and still managed to have remaining calories after working out.

Basically, the more you stay on MFP, calculating and stuff, the more you're gonna get used to things and will endup having better cheat days
  • jaydubbayu
    jaydubbayu Posts: 456
    Options
    Yeah if 2500 calories is a bad day for me, once in a while, I can live with that!
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I haven't done a "cheat" day yet. Since I started I haven't gone over the calorie limit, there were times when I was close, but I got it all in.

Anyway, I do make myself a big breakfast on Sunday, about 400- 500 calories - but I just work that into the day - having just a light lunch and normal dinner.

And I allow myself decadant food when I want it. If I want Ben and Jerry's I will get it, maybe once per week, those little tiny 1 portion cups- for about 240-350 calories. But again, I get rid of my other snacks throughout the day to have that.

And I make myself healthy "desert" like snacks all the time. Like I will throw half a cup of plain fat free greek yogurt in the blender, a teaspoon of vanilla extract and 140 grams of frozen mangos and a few frozen blueberries. It's the constancy of icecream and ultra healthy.
  • DeanneLea
    DeanneLea Posts: 261
    Options
    I have a weekly bonus calorie budget that I use for splurges and such over the weekend and spread the remainder over the rest of the days. My average daily is still at a healthy losing rate. This is a similar plan to weight watchers and incorporates the high/low days that really help me.
  • agrzybow
    agrzybow Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Just had a cheat day, though I didn't really intend to - husband and I went out of town, and boy, it is difficult to eat healthy when going out to eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! At least for me, anyway ;) I went 500 calories over, and it was delicious :)
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    3~3500 cals for me, including alcohol with a cheat meal. It's all budgeted and my cal goal is about 2100 anyway.
  • FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I like to stay around 2,000 or just under. My TDEE is 2500 and I'm suppose to net 1650 ( I really net closer to 1400ish). So it's a nice medium I think.
  • Tararatus
    Tararatus Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I try not to have whole treat days! Maybe if I was to have a treat it would be within my calories or I'd go over by a few hundred and it will normally happen on a Saturday I just feel **** when I eat **** my body feels tired & fat so I'd rather not go over if I can help it, but we all need to go over now & then because it's good for our body's so I have heard to stop us getting stuck with our weight loss :)
  • BlaireV
    BlaireV Posts: 137
    Options
    I total around 3000 calories, or more. I log what I can but generally I try not to care. I only have them every 2-4 weeks anyway :)
  • Samleishel459
    Samleishel459 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I don't have cheat days. I try not to beat myself if I don't have a perfect calorie day. On those days where something has "happened" they've been about 500-1000 calories over. Usual due to liquid calories which are easy to gulp down.
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Just curious --when/if you have a cheat meal/day, what's your average cal intake compared to every other day?

Less than 200? It's usually just one meal. We have Chinese takeout 2x a month and that's my "cheat" meal. I'm usually still within my calories for those days.

I have friends coming for a weekend next month--ask me then! Likely it's going to be a hard weekend to count calories because there will be multiple meals eaten out.
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    usually I have a cheat meal once or twice a week .....I try for that 1 meal not to go over 1000 calories but sometimes I do ....I dnt really worry about it bc I'm usually under my calorie goal every day so I'm good
  • yogibella
    yogibella Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I don't currently have a cheat day but when I eat out, it becomes one. I do try to get some exercise in that day to try and minimize the damage tho:D I don't really consider occasional treats and wine as cheating, as long as I can log it into my day!

So regular cheaters out there, is it a free for all or is it still incorporated into your weekly allowance?
  • micls
    micls Posts: 234
    Options
    I don't really have a designated day, but I don't watch as carefully, log as faithfully at the weekend. I try to stay within maintenance anyway (currently on .5lb a week loss) but I don't take enough care with measurements etc to be sure.

Random days, if there's an event, I don't worry about it at all. Last weekend we went for an amazing 3 and 1/2 hour buffet brunch with a stunning array of every kind of food. I can't even start to guess how many calories I ate that day!
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    6000+ I always eat what I want and work it into my day, but that was the most ever:)
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Hard to say as it's usually a Chinese buffet meal so I have to make a wild guess. I'd say it's likely to be 3000+ though, lots of fried stuff and peanut satay sauce and a dessert. I do log it but it's really just to remind myself, the calories are purely guessed at.

I don't worry about my cheat day as I've been losing weight pretty consistently by having one a week, no matter what the calorie amount is.
  • m000nlover
    Options
    I HAVE A FREE DAY
    I LIVE IN UAE - ABUDAHBI
    IN MY FREE DAY
    I GO MAD
    BREAKFAST = MCDONALD'S BIG BREAKFAST
    LUNCH = PIZZA OR KFC
    DINNER = ICE CREAM AND POPCORN ( :> )
  • emmiee921
    emmiee921 Posts: 224
    Options
    yep pretty much once a week but i don't plan on it, i would call it more a binge day

about 3000cals compared to my normal diet of around 1200

i always end up gaining and not losing the weight so personally I'm against this day!