calories burned

Options
I am new to this site .... not understanding how to know how many calories burned when i workout ... i am guessing but is there really a way to be accurate?? please let me know thanks

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    If you enter your exercise on MFP, it will tell you approximately how many calories you've burned.
  • chroberts
    Options
    I'm not sure that is real accurate, though. How do calories burned for exercise get entered into the exercise log? Who determined how many calories were burned for each exercise? I golf 3 times per week, usually pulling my clubs, sometimes riding in a cart. The calories burned that are listed for riding in a cart for a 4 hour round of golf are pretty high.
  • lose100
    lose100 Posts: 54
    Options
    I have compared the calories burned here to calories burned on other sites, and they are all pretty close. However, I don't know exactly how, they come up with the numbers. I REALLY want a Bodybugg, as I feel that would be the best way to really be accurate, but we don't use Internet Explorer on our computer, and that's what you need. So, I am going with this for now. When I lost 52 pounds three years ago, this was the type of site I used, and it must have been pretty accurate!
  • RecliningFigure
    RecliningFigure Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I am new to this site .... not understanding how to know how many calories burned when i workout ... i am guessing but is there really a way to be accurate?? please let me know thanks

Many members use a heart rate monitor to gage calorie burn. Look at some of the discussions under Fitness and HRM. There was one a day or two ago, and then another one about week ago.