30 day shred, every other day?

Options
Heya!

With 2 boys asking my attention (one is 8 months, the other almost 3 years), work, householding, etc etc, you catch my drift, it's hard to find time to do the 30DS every day. Is it possible to get the same results by doing it every other day, or sometimes skipping 2 days?
I started Friday, then skipped 2 days and picked it up on Monday. On Monday, I also do Bodypump and 15 mins of extra ab-training afterwards. Today I haven't done anything, but I plan on picking it up again tomorrow, Thursday and Friday, and I hope to be able to squeeze it in in the weekend... Is the 30DS going to work this way or do I really need to do 5-6 days straight, preferrably 7?

Replies

• missbaker89
    missbaker89 Posts: 245
    Options
    bump
  • RianneMulder
    Options
    Anyone?
  • Toinbot
    Toinbot Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm currently trying to train myself for the race for life, so i'm jogging one day, shredding the next, then having the odd day off, and i'm still finding it works, it's obviousltynot going to have the same results in 30 days as it would had we been doing it every day, but it's still going to get us toned and on track to losing some more of those pesky pounds!

So stick with it! we might not have fantastic results in 30 days, but we'll get there =]
  • RianneMulder
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. I thought if I'd do at least SOMETHING every day, I'd see some effects. So I'm planning on doing some ab training in the mornings.
  • Mrs_Moe
    Mrs_Moe Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm gearing up for my 1st 5K so I alternate running days with 3DS days and rest days. I also mix it up and do all 3 levels randomly rather than waiting and doing level one over and over...:smile:
    I'm a work in progress, but I think t still works even if you don't do it everyday.
    Good Luck!
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Imo i think it's better to break up 30ds than to do it 30days straight (and jm said it wasn't designed to be 30 days consecutive anyway).

I'm actually doing Insanity at the moment, but I'm doing it as a hybrid with running.

So do 30ds as a hybrid with something else. Gives you variety.
  • thinclo
    thinclo Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tiffanypardus
    Options
    I have an 8 month old and I can find 20 minutes a day. I'm sure you can too.
  • GalaxyDuck
    GalaxyDuck Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    When I did the 30 Day Shred originally, I did it 3-4 times a week when I could. If I only managed 2-3 days, it wasn't a big deal to me. It was still more than I was doing BEFORE (i.e. NOTHING) so I figured I would still see results, and I did. I also didn't hurt myself or burn out from exercise. If I could find the link to the interview where Jillian says 30DS isn't meant to be done day by day consecutively, I would post it but I can't seem to find it again.

I think doing the 30DS every other day would be more than okay, you will still see results. Good luck!
  • JacksonMomto3
    Options
    I mean obviously your not going to get the excessive results if you didn't do it 30 days straight in a row. But like a poster said above, Jillian recommends not doing it 7 days a week either.

Another poster put this up on another thread not long ago:

"Just a FYI:

Jillian had a question in a podcast about how often to do it and her answer was...

2 days of 30DS one day cardio 2 days of 30 DS and one cardio then a rest day. She said the name was more so what her marketing people came up with since each level is meant to be 10 days (just not 10 straight) thats marketing for you!"

I finished 30DS on March 23rd, I did it 5 days a week, took Saturday-Sunday off as my rest days (I have 3 children, and things are hectic here with the kids and hubby home on the weekends), and I lost 6 inches (no pounds lost). I mean its not an EXTREME result, but its a result nonetheless.

Now I am doing Ripped in 30 (double ouch), and I am on the same schedule with that as I was with 30DS. Good Luck!
  • birdinho
    birdinho Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I started Monday with this and have the same problem (8 month old and 3 year old). I didnt manage to do it yesterday as they were both up at 4 till 5am so i was knackard. this morning they were both up at 6am and watched me do it, my lad even helped with the bumbells!!

I opted for 30Ds as insanity was too much time 40-60mins a session and the kids would lose patience with me if there awake for that and 60 days is a LONG TIME!!

Im aiming for 5 days per week doing this as my cardio. I also do weight training 3 days per week. Aslong as your doing something its got to be better than nothing!!
  • RianneMulder
    Options
    The fact that someone else has time with an 8 month old, only means they have a different life than me. So pls, that's not of any use.

I'm not aiming for results within a month, with my 6,5 year Bodypump experience (with 2x 6month break because of pregnancy) I can't expect to get toned more than I am now. I want to get rid of the flaps around my belly and legs, and get a better overall condition. I'm still too heavy for my heigth (1.80m and 85,5 kg) and I still need to buy clothes 1 size bigger than I'd like them to be.
  • Toinbot
    Toinbot Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    how's it going? I've had a bit of a mental weekend so haven't done a shred or run for 5 days! feeling rather guilty about it, BUT! i did my measurements (which i'm doing every 10 days) and i'm down another quarter to half inch in most places =] So even not shredding every day is having some good results. Hope it's going well for you too!