I have arrived!

Options
I have been looking forward to posting here in this forum for a long time. I started my fitness journey in August of last year (2011) and after 8 months of hard work I have finally reached my goals! After loosing a total of 40 lbs I reached normal weight (according to BMI) on March 15, and on March 31 I ran my first ever 5K in 30 minutes and 29 seconds. For those who are struggeling and wondering if you will ever get there I just want to say; Have faith and keep at it, you will succeed if you really put your mind to it!

I don't feel like I have been on a diet at all, but rather I made a life style change to eat better and exercise more, and I can truly say that I have enjoyed every step of the way, and I feel better and more fit now than I ever have.

The C25K program was amazing experience that helped me get started with jogging and running. I will never forget the morning when I ran for 20 minutes straight. Now I am up to 8 miles on my long runs, and I am looking for my next challenge which will be a half-marathon at the end of this year. I honestly didn't think I would accomplish so much in such a short period of time, but I have, and I could not be more proud.

Got a new profile picture to mark the occasion :)

Thanks to everyone on Myfitness Pal for all the useful information. I plan to stick around and If there are any runners from Georgia or South Carolina here I hope to see you out on the trail some time!

Cheers!

Replies

• coachredhead
    coachredhead Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started c25k on Sunday. Thanks for sharing that inspirational story, I hope I can add one myself in 9 weeks or so!!
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Good job on the lifestyle changes - I feel the same way. I completed C25K in February and am up to 5 miles so far.
  • jorowling
    jorowling Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting your success story, you deserve all the praise you get. What a fantastic achievement. I find it very motivating when people say they started out not being able to run and have completed C25K or similar....and now love running.
    I have never been a runner but would love to start.....you and others like you give me hope.
    Congratulations on your weight loss and all of you success.
  • jsidway
    jsidway Posts: 6
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! That's wonderful and you should be very proud. I hope to reach my goal soon and feel that satisfaction too. Best wishes and enjoy your new self!
  • hk2008
    hk2008 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! congratulations!
  • holmevik
    holmevik Posts: 33
    Options
    Thanks, everyone!
  • awidener86
    awidener86 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Congrats! And keep up the great work!
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Good job!!
  • Gdzgal771
    Gdzgal771 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    what an awesome post.. we all need something/someone to encourage us and show it can be done.. GOD bless you as you travel on your maintenance journey.. Way to go!!:smile:
  • ladyfingers39
    Options
    Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!