Curiousity question - How did YOU find MFP???

Options
Just curious how all of you found this site?

Was it accidentally like me?

I love this resource!

Replies

• carrierella
    carrierella Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Just curious how all of you found this site?

Was it accidentally like me?

I love this resource!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I found MFP in a search that I did. I wasn't planning on dieting per say but knew I needed to change my eating habits. So I found it and decided it was something I had to do and have been here since. I spend way to much time here and have made some wonderful friends.
  • Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 398
    Options
    well I have a cafemom page aswell and I saw someone had one of those badges that they lost weight I clicked on it and it tock me here and so I sined up.

So glad I did I love my weight lose tools here:love: and the support is a bonus:happy:
  • jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    i was surfing for a calorie converstion cant remember why now but found this site and was hooked. now trying to get mom in on it too wont be hard i got her to join curves lol
  • rayneenie
    rayneenie Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I first heard about it in a Dietitian meeting (they did not want to waist the time with one on one sessions so they invited many people) . The I came across it again when I was looking for a calorie counter.
  • Lisabeth
    Lisabeth Posts: 268
    Options
    Cafemom. I'm also going to link it to my myspace page: www.myspace.com/lisabeth
  • dmflynt
    dmflynt Posts: 196
    Options
    My husband was talking to (male) co-workers about needing to lose weight, and his boss mentioned it. We both signed on that night.
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I work in a hospital and we needed to closely watch one of our patient's calorie count. My coworker found it. When I learned about it I signed up that day!
    This is a Gosd send as I have been steadily gaining the 30 lbs I lost last year and needed something to help get me motivated. And now I am!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Google :)
    I think i searched for "free calorie logging" and this was in the first one or two pages that came up!
  • JJAE53
    JJAE53 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I googled for a calorie counter, came to this one first, liked what I saw, and signed up. Happily, I've gotten more than I ever expected! What a great source of information, support, and tools for a healthy life style!
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Google. I was looking for calorie logging, or just a list of what foods contained what calories.

There are a couple of sites like this, but this one was WAY BETTER than the others.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I wanted/needed to track my food intake so I did a search for food logging and I found this site :drinker:

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    My sister has been doing it for a few weeks and bugged me:noway: until I joined. I am so happy she did. I love this site.:smile:
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    I was keeping track of what I ate on pieces of paper here and there and finally decided that I needed an easier way to keep track of everything... so I googled food diaries.

And here I am :laugh:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I found it pretty randomly, I was dieting already and I was searing in Google to see if I could find the number of calories a person my age and size needed eat day. Got very lucky :wink:
  • bodibykelli
    bodibykelli Posts: 135
    Options
    Hi! I actually googled "calorie counter" to see the calorie content for a pear and happened upon it......I'm just so happy that I did!!!!! I :heart: this site!
  • SuniBC
    SuniBC Posts: 92
    Options
    I googled food journal. Knew that I had to write everything down or tended to forget the odd mouthful of the nummy stuff.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    just by searching the Internet for calorie counting:happy:
  • nicole0177
    nicole0177 Posts: 377
    Options
    i found it because i was googling a place to track my cals and found this place and here i am
  • mablesyrup
    mablesyrup Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I asked a question on yahoo answers about what was the best/easiest way of counting calories- ( i cant afford 20 dollars a month to join the biggest loser fit club online).. anyways one of the answers' suggested this site and said she had just started using it. Now my family is using it!