how much weight tolooe to drop a size

Options
2»

Replies

• BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    My best friend has about 150 lbs to lose (only 75 left-woot!) and she was not fitting in smaller sizes. She had a scan done, and it turns out she had been losing fat around her organs! Your insides could be looking much prettier before you start losing external fat. Just a thought.

Seriously? I didn't even think about that..... interesting.

Yes, seriously! When your body fat percentage is really high, you lose the extra fat around your organs first apparently. So keep at it ladies!
  • kymme16
    kymme16 Posts: 15
    Options
    thank you so much everyone your advice is really helpful, i wanna be under 200 i would like to really be 170 by next june so hopefully i will be in that smaller dress :)
  • IcassI
    IcassI Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Well I've lost 18 lbs so far and I have gone down 2 sizes. But I'm sure it depends on your body.
  • jessica1901
    jessica1901 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7", an apple and am a size 14 -16 at about 190 lbs. (14 bottoms/ 16 top). But it will totally depend on your body type, dress type, etc. When I'm 170 lbs (I fluctuate between 165 - 190 for the last five years), I wear a size 12 comfortably. You can do it!!
  • Imajicat
    Imajicat Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I was thinking this I have lost 30 lbs and not dropped a size. I am losing very strangely.

Me too, I've lost 32 and when I went yesterday to get new jeans they had to be the same size as the old ones. I was pretty darn disappointed. :ohwell:

My best friend has about 150 lbs to lose (only 75 left-woot!) and she was not fitting in smaller sizes. She had a scan done, and it turns out she had been losing fat around her organs! Your insides could be looking much prettier before you start losing external fat. Just a thought.

I'm good with that! :bigsmile:
  • Barbara76
    Barbara76 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    20 lbs between sizes until sz 14, then 10 lbs between size 12 and smaller.

Woah, it takes me much more than that. I lost 20 pounds and only went from a 12 to a 10. Maybe it's because I'm tall?

Height is probably a factor because I am 5'1" and went from a 24 to a (very snug) 20 in 8 lbs. I bought 20's (same store and brand) as the 24's that felt really lose thinking it would be something to work towards, decided to see how tight they were (I figured they wouldn't zip. I am in them, they are zipped, I am sitting. But they are VERY snug in the thighs / butt.
  • SkylarkRhiannon
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and i weight 180 and am between a 12-14. Hope your wedding is great!
  • ashleyShades
    ashleyShades Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm in the process of finding a wedding dress right now and I was told about 20 pounds is a dress size.
  • katgoddess76
    Options
    something has to be wrong with that theory,I am 4 foot 10 inches, 37 years old. in October 14, 2013 i weighed 196 lbs and was a tight size 22, as of march 21,2014 i weigh 184 lbs and i am now in a loose size 14, That is in 5 months. I have not changed my eating habits, I have only been cleaning 7 large horse pens about 4 times a week (which includes lifting up to 100 lb barrels up over my head to empty into the dumpster)..... I have also just recently (within the last week) started walking about 1 mile a day. So, going by 20 lbs per size, i should have lost 80 lbs.....and i have not....
  • krennie8
    krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    honestly it completely depends on your body type and where you carry/lose weight. I'm down 13 lbs (172 to 159) and have not changed pants size yet. I have however lost a lot of weight from my upper half. So I'm still a 14. A slightly looser 14, but still a 14. I don't think I'll be a 12 until I lose another 5 lbs.
  • sphkhn
    sphkhn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and at 180 I was about a 14 pant size and a 16 dress size due to boobs.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    something has to be wrong with that theory,I am 4 foot 10 inches, 37 years old. in October 14, 2013 i weighed 196 lbs and was a tight size 22, as of march 21,2014 i weigh 184 lbs and i am now in a loose size 14, That is in 5 months. I have not changed my eating habits, I have only been cleaning 7 large horse pens about 4 times a week (which includes lifting up to 100 lb barrels up over my head to empty into the dumpster)..... I have also just recently (within the last week) started walking about 1 mile a day. So, going by 20 lbs per size, i should have lost 80 lbs.....and i have not....

Hopefully OP got happily hitched a long time ago. This post is from 2012.

Anyway it depends on the person (and fat distribution) and on whether you're losing mostly fat, mostly muscle, or a combination of both.
  • RaggedyAnnazon
    RaggedyAnnazon Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    20 lbs between sizes until sz 14, then 10 lbs between size 12 and smaller.

Woah, it takes me much more than that. I lost 20 pounds and only went from a 12 to a 10. Maybe it's because I'm tall?

I'm tall as well and I think it's the same thing. I was my smallest at a size 16, 250lbs, after I got pregnant and gave birth I gained about 50lbs but was a size 22.