Confused with entering exercise in MFP

Options
I was trying to add the abdominal crunches I did yesterday, but couldn't figure out how to enter it in my exercise diary.. I understood entering the number of sets and number of reps per set, but what does it mean by weight per repetition? I wasn't using any weights while doing the crunches. I am confused. Any help would be great.

Replies

• vidoardes
    vidoardes Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    It does say you can leave weight blank if it is not appropriate, but once you get used to crunches a great way to up the difficulty is to hold a large flat weight meant for a dumbbell or barbell to your chest while doing them.

If you look at my diary, for the crunches and planks the weight is empty, because it is not required (I did strength training yesterday)
  • DoingthisforChris
    Options
    Im no help but would like to hear replies, also how do you this " entering the number of sets and number of reps per set"?
  • vidoardes
    Options
    Im no help but would like to hear replies, also how do you this " entering the number of sets and number of reps per set"?

When you add exercise, add it to 'Strength Training' instead of 'Cardiovascular'
  • IslandJade22
    Options
    I will definitely work up to using some weights while doing crunches. For now, it was a workout just trying to get through 5 minutes LOL. I didn't realize adding the weight per repetition was optional. I thought I was doing something wrong, because after I entered the set and reps per set, it said I didn't burn any calories. I know I just did 5 minutes, but I thought I would have burned something. Maybe 5 minutes was too little. I will have to keep it up and try to go longer each day. Thanks for the input.
  • vidoardes
    Options
    It doesn't calculate calories for strength training unfortunately, you either need a HRM (Heart Rate Monitor) or another similar device such as a fitbit
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    The strength training section does not calculate caloric burn. It's just for keeping track of the exercises you are doing so you can have a record and see your progress. If you want to track calories, enter "strength training" under the cardio section. You'll just need to enter how long you worked.
  • DoingthisforChris
    Options

When you add exercise, add it to 'Strength Training' instead of 'Cardiovascular'

Thank you