What do you use your remaining calories for?

Options

Replies

• ingot81
    ingot81 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I struggle with this. I kind of go "woo hoo, extra food" and end up with a curly wurly and Jaffa cakes. My Step instructor said she needs a lot of calories in a day (usually 3000) but struggles to eat that amount of food (and often has a massive deficit) so she has protein shakes. A friend on here pointed me to http://samples.thegoodwhey.com/ but I'm not sure Huw it would fit in with Slimming World.
  • everytree
    everytree Posts: 127
    Options
    Wine.

I know I should say peanut butter or nuts or something like that but nope, I'd have a glass of wine.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    There is this girl in my town, she will do anything for extra calories. ANYTHING
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Well, you know... food.
  • LBachynsky
    Options
    Kemps Under the Stars Ice Cream. Yummm!
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, cheese. Cheese goes really well with beer.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    If you had 500-800 calories left what would you use them on?

Most days I don't have many left, but the days I do zumba I can have 800-1000 calories left, but I don't want to just use them on sugary and sweet things which are unhealthy.

Fruit and eggs here.

Mind you, I am on 1200 calories per day and only eat 50 to 100 calories of my exercise ones, so I would never have that amount of food to find to be honest.
  • EmRobo
    EmRobo Posts: 146 Member
    Options

You could try eat some unsalted nuts? High in calories, good fats and has some protein. I had 50g of cashews yesterday and it was almost 300 calories and it wasn't exactly filling, so if you are looking for a snack or something that isn't too filling try nuts.

I added cashew nuts to my stir fry today - great minds think alike!! I also try and up my pasta too

You could also try dividing those calories up and spreading them throughout the week. So if you have like 500 calories to spare, just add 100 calories to the next 5 days, that way you won't feel pressured into eating a lot in one day when you just aren't that hungry. I've overeaten once and it's not nice. I struggled trying to eat back my exercise calories, you feel bloated, sweaty and I just couldn't do it lol.

Can we do this :)
  • EmRobo
    Options
    It depends on what my macros looks like. If I have any fat left over, I fill that up first with peanut butter or almonds. Carbs, I go for a warm bowl of oatmeal. (Helps me fall asleep too.) I had a 900 calorie deficit yesterday that I just couldn't come back from though.

Thats a good point!!
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Eat peanut butter with EVERYTHING. It's healthy and delicious!

^^^^ THIS!
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    800 - 1000...lucky you! Quarter Pounder Meal is 810.
  • EmRobo
    Options
    I struggle with this. I kind of go "woo hoo, extra food" and end up with a curly wurly and Jaffa cakes. My Step instructor said she needs a lot of calories in a day (usually 3000) but struggles to eat that amount of food (and often has a massive deficit) so she has protein shakes. A friend on here pointed me to http://samples.thegoodwhey.com/ but I'm not sure Huw it would fit in with Slimming World.

Ha ha yes thats my next problem, slimming world prefer you to snack on low calorie but satisfying stuff like fruit and veg etc
  • EmRobo
    Options
    800 - 1000...lucky you! Quarter Pounder Meal is 810.

I am a veggie :P
  • EmRobo
    Options
    EDITED to add:

I do 30DS too and walk for 1-2 hours a day thats why I have so many left!
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    alcohol...yea, I said it. I would use them to get drunk, hell I save them for that.

Love this!
  • sandhen
    sandhen Posts: 7
    Options
    It depends on what my macros looks like. If I have any fat left over, I fill that up first with peanut butter or almonds. Carbs, I go for a warm bowl of oatmeal. (Helps me fall asleep too.) I had a 900 calorie deficit yesterday that I just couldn't come back from though.

I totally agree. I always have a few calories remaining at the end of a day and my macros help me determine how to use them.
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about planning bigger meals throughout the day when you know you'll do those big workouts?
  • EmRobo
    Options
    Have you thought about planning bigger meals throughout the day when you know you'll do those big workouts?

Since starting this thread and also having a discussion with hubby - I said maybe I should make bigger meals etc on those days, so maybe a macaroni cheese and up the pasta a bit etc

Plus I forgot about the Nakd bars we can get here in the UK so I could use them on the days when I do the big work outs
  • EmRobo
    Options
    Thank you everyone, you have given me some new ideas to go off

I do like an alcoholic drink but prefer them at the weekend :P
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Peanut butter!!! Maybe even dark chocolate peanut butter with a banana. Ohhhh yeaaahhhh!