MLB Challenge

Options
In honor of my beloved St. Louis Cardinals opening day I'm challenging myself to a 26 week plan (ending on the last Regular season game.) It will take me losing 1.8 lbs per week, which I think will be a good number to push for, but also giving me enough leeway in not get completely burnt out during it. Anyone want to join me?

Replies

• CEQuick75
    CEQuick75 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fun! As a Reds fan, I'll cheer for you to meet your goal, but not your team ;)
  • hales_04
    hales_04 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Likewise :):)
    Sounds like fun! As a Reds fan, I'll cheer for you to meet your goal, but not your team ;)
  • CEQuick75
    Options
    I'll set my goal as losing 1/2 lb for every game the Reds win. (1.5-2lbs per week for a decent season)
  • vancil01
    vancil01 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I will join in too from Baltimore :) GO Os!!!!
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I'm a Blue Jays fan and have lost my weight. Does that mean they'll go winless this season?? I'll have to eat a bowl of ice cream for every win!!
  • AshleyRKnutson
    AshleyRKnutson Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm a Texas Rangers fan and will also be with you! Naturally, I will only cheer for my Rangers...:tongue:
    Our Opening Day is Friday!
  • justfungrandma
    justfungrandma Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Cardinal fan here too! I have reached my goal, but maintaining is as hard for me as losing, so my goal is to maintain my weight throughout the season. Hopefully after that long, it will stick!
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I'll set my goal as losing 1/2 lb for every game the Reds win. (1.5-2lbs per week for a decent season)

I'd have to set my goals considerably higher than 1/2 pound per Cubs victory to make any significant progress.

Maybe the 104th times the charm! I'm not going to hold my breath on that.
  • hales_04
    Options
    I can't currently create a group (I'll keep trying and once it lets me, I'll add you all!)
  • CEQuick75
    Options

I'd have to set my goals considerably higher than 1/2 pound per Cubs victory to make any significant progress.

No fair picking the Cubs! LOL
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Brewers fan here! Not exactly sure what the challenge is, but I'll join in! :)
  • jill92787
    jill92787 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm a Braves fan, and I will be avidly loving Chipper's last season, since he's been my favorite player since I was a little kid! I'm trying to get down close to my goal weight by Memorial Day, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to still have about 10 lbs to lose over this summer plus strength building to do. I need to stay accountable!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm a Braves fan, and I will be avidly loving Chipper's last season, since he's been my favorite player since I was a little kid! I'm trying to get down close to my goal weight by Memorial Day, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to still have about 10 lbs to lose over this summer plus strength building to do. I need to stay accountable!

I just have to ask...how are you a Braves fan AND a Packers fan? LOL I'm from GB, so I have to give you some *kitten*! :)
  • vancil01
    vancil01 Posts: 70 Member
    Options

I just have to ask...how are you a Braves fan AND a Packers fan? LOL I'm from GB, so I have to give you some *kitten*! :)

I work with a guy from PG county in MD (where the Redskins are located) and he is a damn Cowboys fan!! Explica that one to me!
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    SF Giants here! :glasses: My goal is one pound a week.
  • sarahlynn78
    sarahlynn78 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Another cards fan! My goal is 1 lb per week.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options

Sadly that's true. =/
  • hales_04
    Options
    I've been trying to create a group for this all day and it still won't let me. Sorry for the delay!
  • jill92787
    jill92787 Posts: 158 Member
    Options

Haha yes. I'm from Little Chute, so I LOVE my Packers. When I was growing up though, you couldn't even watch most of the Brewers games on cable, so I got hooked on the Braves when I was like 9 (blame Ted Turner). Don't get me wrong I love going to Brewers games, I was at the last game in county stadium, but if they're playing the Braves (...like April 13 for the Braves' home opener haha) then I want the Braves to kick their butts! I've always said when Chipper retires I'll go back to my Brew Crew, but the Braves will always be near and dear to my heart.
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Go Reds! I'm also setting my goal to 1.5 lbs per week! It should get me to my close to my final goal weight!