soda not diet not zero but real calorie filled soda

Options
124»

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    On a previous weight loss journey, I stopped drinking coke and eating fries. I ate fast food 5 days a week for lunch. Just stopping the coke and fries, I lost 15 pounds in 3 months. I made no other changes to diet or exercise.
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options
    Do it! I love mine... each CO2 cartridge yields about 50-60 L of soda water... and it is only $15 to exchange... soooo... I save a ton of money and have really cut back on soda (diet coke addict here)... :drinker:

I have several friends who swear by the things - one even started carbonating milk, which I find personally revolting but hey, whatever works!

I'm not much of a fizzy-water fan, but if you can carbonate water with a little lemon or some heathly additive and make it your drink instead of the sugary malted battery acid, it's a Good Thing!

I am so going to try carbonated almond milk!!!:drinker:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    I used to drink regular Pepsi then switched to diet Pepsi for competitions. Eventually I took a liking to diet Pepsi and just kept drinking it. It's been over 20 years since I've been drinking diet soda now.

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    dont let a beverage control your decisions :(
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Okay its been confirmed I am addicted to soda not just one kind almost any kind..I have tried numerous times to stop and I can't well I did stop for 2 weeks but even then soda stayed on my mind..at this point all I can do is reduce the amount I drink which I have ..I now have one 12oz can a day and dats working for now..but I want to know is there anyone else out there with a soda habit as bad as mine or if anybody has quit and how did u do and do u still think about it
    I used to drink about 5-10 cans of day. I used to drink it warm! I "quit" but I would still have one from time to time if I feel like it. I found what helped me quit was deciding to get a Sodastream so I could make it at home, and then stick with just that if I wanted some. I have used it less than 20 times, and the last time was quite a while ago. I don't know why it worked for me.. I guess just because it's not as easy as grabbing a can from a case.
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Switch to diet cola. I used to be addicted to Coke when I was younger and switched to Coke Zero and lost 10 pounds. A diet cola addiction is still not the epitome of health but cuts out a lot of sugar. I'm now so accustomed to sugar free drinks that Coke Zero tastes normal to me. Regular soda is way too sweet it almost tastes sickly.
    same for me...the only regular soda i can drink is root beer. everything else doesnt taste right...lol
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I am so going to try carbonated almond milk!!!:drinker:

Go for it. Carbonated moo-milk is what helped a friend of mine kick the sugar soda habit, and now her main intake is Just Plain Water. Yay!

Again, I'm not a fizzy-beverage drinker (except for beer, and I even like flatter varieties of that!). But if the fizz is what you're craving, one of those fizzy machines could be worth its weight in gold if it helps kick the manufactured sugar beverage habit.
  • missjones93
    missjones93 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    SODA ADDICTION!!! AHHHH. Let me tell you THE best thing (I had your problemo) Carbonated flavor water! Not only are they zero everything - but you still get fizz and flavor and they come in like 293483290742084 flavors. I personally love kiwi strawberry. MMMMM!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    SODA ADDICTION!!! AHHHH. Let me tell you THE best thing (I had your problemo) Carbonated flavor water! Not only are they zero everything - but you still get fizz and flavor and they come in like 293483290742084 flavors. I personally love kiwi strawberry. MMMMM!

Well... my store carries 293483290742085 flavors so NEENER NEENER NEENER! LOL!!!
  • Nicmeglau
    Nicmeglau Posts: 11
    Options
    i use to drink Pepsi every morning before work and i go to work at 5am. and through out the day. I don't drink it at all now and i have only been on the program 30 days...with a loss of 20 lbs. GIve it up girl and become that pretty thin woman you want to be......:flowerforyou:
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    I drink soda everyday. My favorite is Mountain Dew. Full-calorie, full-sugar "make your pee glow" Mountain Dew.

I will continue to drink soda everyday.
  • niss63
    niss63 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I went cold turkey, after drinking about two liters of Coke/Pepsi a day for 30 years. O_O

I now do not drink anything with added sugars, because it is almost impossible to keep my daily sugars where they need to be if I drink my calories.

I make sure that I drink at least a half gallon of water each day. Keeps me hydrated and I don't crave sodas. We do have sodas in the house for guests, but SWMBO and I don't drink them.