I said no. I said yes.

Options

Replies

• rhiannsu
    rhiannsu Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That was a BIG time victory!! Very proud of you!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I am SUPER proud of you for this!!!! WTG! :flowerforyou:
  • exzcape
    exzcape Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing. I struggle with decision making some days as well and glad to know others do to. I'm so glad you went running... :) Great job!!
  • Elizadolots
    Elizadolots Posts: 178
    Options
    You're awesome!
  • Mindarin
    Mindarin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You guys are so sweet and supportive. Thank you. :)
    Beautifully written. Way to go! I'll bet your cat is proud of you too! :) You can do this again tomorrow

Oh, I think he is. :D He winked at me when I got back! Of course...if he wasn't too lazy to go with me, I could be proud of him too. *chuckles*
  • LeslieMDoyle
    LeslieMDoyle Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    That's TWO victories!!! Way to go!!
  • tdmcmains
    tdmcmains Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    That's excellent. I hate running. I have these Jillian Michaels tapes that I do and the ladies on the tapes use 3 lb weights. I have 5 lb weights and 10s so I usually use my 5s but once I did it with 10s. It was HARD but I made it through. Now I feel like i'm cheating if I use the 5s because I know I can do it with the 10s. UGH!!!

It's good... but at the same time, man, sometimes I wish I never tried it so I could have the easy way out! ;)
    Just kidding, good for you! Now ya just have to keep doing it! ;)
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, and good for you!
  • Canuckgirl77
    Canuckgirl77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    saying "no" to the ice-cream is incredibly hard and saying "yes" to the running is even harder. great job on showing your body who's in charge!
  • PhotographerOfNature
    PhotographerOfNature Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    TWO ENORMOUS VICTORIES! Saying no to ice cream and pushing yourself. Good job!
  • bethiejude
    bethiejude Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Fantastic Mindarin! You're off and away! :flowerforyou:
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Well, that's just flippin' awesome!

Not being an ice cream person, that wouldn't tempt me too much - but the running part? Oh, no, I do NOT run! Probably never will..............but I can do other things, like WALK more than two blocks, and WALK uphill for a while, and hike some ambitious trails now that I never would have attempted 8 months ago!

The little victories become BIGGER ones, and you start to feel really good about NOT eating the ice cream, and pushing yourself to do things that are hard.

Congratulations, my friend. YOU are on the road to bigger and better things............and smaller, too (as in your weight and body size!)

HIP HIP HURRAY!!!
    :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile:
  • EMagineBeingEMazing
    Options
    SUPER KUDOS to YOU!!! :) This, seriously, just brought tears to my eyes because I have recently experienced something similiar with running. YOU ARE INCREDIBLE!!! Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing your NSVs! :)
  • Moriarty_697
    Moriarty_697 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Nice story. Running is indeed the nastiest, foulest way to feel really good. It sucks, it hurts and it takes you away from doing something more fun. But then, when it's over, you realize why people choose to run even when they are not being chased. Keep it up.
  • babigurl86
    babigurl86 Posts: 138
    Options
    u r awesome! well done! xx

smiley-dance014.gif
  • cowsstealmythong
    cowsstealmythong Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    This is absolutely awesome. Congrats to you for making such amazing leaps and bounds in your will power! :)
  • klafrancis
    klafrancis Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I started out the same way...jogging much less than my intended distance. Funny thing happens when you push yourself; you can go further! I can now run 2 miles. Keep going!
  • kitkatwag
    kitkatwag Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!! way to push thru
  • graciemom828
    Options
    Good for you! They (whoever they are) say it takes 3 weeks to establish a new habit so hang in there. :smile:
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    This is very inspiring!! It just proves that if you put your mind to it, you can make it happen!! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!