Beer

Options

Replies

• suzikay12
    suzikay12 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    When I'm craving a beer I have the MIller 64. It is far more tolerable than the Bud 55, IMO. Miller 64 actually tastes like beer. Although, let's not be fooled, it still isn't as delicious as a nice dark Guiness or even a Bud Heavy, so don't expect it to be. My beer alternative is vodka and club soda. I carry single serve packets of Crystal Light in my purse so that I can flavor the drink anyway I want. Vodka is 60-80 calories per ounce, club soda is 0 and Crystal Light is 5. I'm a drinker, so this is something I've put quite a bit of thought in to, LOL!
  • isa75
    isa75 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I just started this MFP, but thanks for posting, it's good to see that I don't have to give up delicious beer completely. My BF brews, so we have beer on tap in our house. Shortly after moving into the house with him I started drinking my beer from smaller glasses as opposed to the big pint glasses. Helps me moderate, also means I have to climb a flight of stairs every time I want a refill from the kegerator. I do also enjoy scotch, which helps as a lower calorie alternative.
  • 19danno77
    19danno77 Posts: 84
    Options
    Indeed, but clearly you are not well versed in British drinking culture.

Isn't that redundant and an oxymoron at the same time? I'm Irish and German..."it's noon somewhere" is a phrase I don't mutter because if I'm awake, it's an appropriate time for a drink if I want it. BTW, my profile pic there is my wife and I at New Belgium's Fort Collins brewery...I was pretty well lit. And we hit O'Dell's tour after that and a brew-pub for dinner afterwards. A weekend without kids was put to good use!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Four beers? That may be bordering on binge drinking by medical definition, not moderation.

Word.
  • braign
    braign Posts: 89
    Options
    My dad got to the point where he realised he was drinking too much for too many nights (like 6 cans a night sometimes) and while he's skinny as a rail, he drives around for his job so he didn't want alcohol in his system the next day, so he literally halved his consumption by mixing the beer with diet lemonade, so he'd be drinking for the same amount of time (and watching his TV), but he was drinking half the booze. He's kept up with it pretty well so I assume it didn't affect his buzz.

It's a good way to halve the calories too definitely.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I know this probably isn't the best choice but I love Crispin Cider beer. It is so yummy. I don't drink a lot but when I'm out and if they have it I will drink it.

:drinker:
  • MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I always drink Kettle one lemon flavored Vodka with Club Soda on ICE....GREAT Low cal drink for the summer time

That sounds delish! I'll have to try it!

I'm a total beer snob. I haven't changed it one bit. I still have several on the weekends (and sometimes a few during the week) - I've just upped my physical activity to compensate - and drink LOTS of water!

• SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    It's all about moderation. Hell, work out harder to fit in a beer if you want one. If you strip yourself of the things you like entirely, you will not stick with the program for a long time.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

Isn't that redundant and an oxymoron at the same time? I'm Irish and German..."it's noon somewhere" is a phrase I don't mutter because if I'm awake, it's an appropriate time for a drink if I want it. BTW, my profile pic there is my wife and I at New Belgium's Fort Collins brewery...I was pretty well lit. And we hit O'Dell's tour after that and a brew-pub for dinner afterwards. A weekend without kids was put to good use!

Did you got to Coopersmiths? Because their chili beer is really freaking awesome.
  • erintheinspiration
    erintheinspiration Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    HomerSimpsonBeerSong.gif
  • AstroSquirrel
    AstroSquirrel Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'll have a beer or two but it has to be at my favorite place. I'll workout a little extra so I can have it. I like some of the richer stuff but according to this link, most common beers don't reach 200 calories for a 12 ounce serving. http://www.beer100.com/beercalories.htm
  • Wildgirl10
    Options
    Mich Ultra--1 or 2 when I go out. 90 cals each.
  • kballard66
    Options
    I drink Michelob Ultra and just count it along with the rest of my calories.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    vodka whisky and rum have way more calories than beer :( I stick to Stella
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I would rather have a nice dark porter and be limited than try to drink the domestic or light beers. I just exercise like crazy to afford the calories.
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Now I can feel you on the Beer Drinking...use to be me...no alternative....just treat your self on holidays or outing.... I dont have one everyone month but when i do.. I just add it to my diary!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I drink water with a shot of vodka when I go out. Sometimes with lemon...sometimes I shake it up and put lime in it....lol When I feel really wild I will have a Vodka Cranberry...

However, it is all about moderation. If you want a beer or two on your Friday night then make room for it by exercising more, or eating less calories the day before. It will all balance out.
  • MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

And we hit O'Dell's tour after that and a brew-pub for dinner afterwards. A weekend without kids was put to good use!
    [/quote]

I would LOVE to tour O'Dells...90 shilling is da bomb. Bells is on my list too. I cried when I found out a bottle of Hopslam was 300 effing calories! :cry:

• reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge stout fan, but had to give it up because I was drinking too many calories. So, if I drink, I usually drink vodka and diet coke.
  • BigAlfrn
    BigAlfrn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    start slowly. switch to light beer and drink 3 instead of 4. somewhere in between the first and the last beer drink a large glass of water so it helps fill up instead of getting full off of beer. then make it 2 beers and 2 waters etc. You would have to find the perfect balance for you. trial and error my friend but you can do it. maybe just switch to light beer and keep your routine.