Squeaky and Clean(New)

Options
vixkeri
vixkeri Posts: 58 Member
Hi!
I am a new soul to this community of weight loss. I've tried dieting before, but I've never actually followed through. I'm trying to lose approximately eighty pounds. :) I would love some friends/support. My husband is deployed for the next 8 months, so I won't have any support/friends on the home front to encourage me.

Thanks in advance!!

<3 Vix'keri

Replies

• margie1016
    margie1016 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm new on here too, hope we can help each other out on this journey! By the way, thanks to you and your husband for what you are doing for our country!
  • Deltafliers
    Deltafliers Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hi there, and welcome. My husband is currently deployed too so I know the feeling; plus, I have two kids 6y and 1y. Adding friends definately helps with the support I notice, becuase you can see their comments on your wall, and they can respond to you also. It is more supportive than going to a forum to see who has responded to you. When you end the day and find you are under you calorie mark, it is really encouraging (as dorky as it sounds) to have people say wat to go; you don't seem quite as alone as before.

Feel free to add me if you would like. :flowerforyou:
  • hjgioia
    hjgioia Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know how it feels when the man is away! My fiance is not American, and since I moved back home to NY it's been a pill to see him.
    Will for sure support you, and 8 months to a year is a great range to lose.

Since we both want to lose 80 lbs (I'm having a party every 20lbs I think!), it's a good match. Feel free to message me any time. And, let me know what you are doing to exercise, eat, etc.

I'm switching my normal lunches to carrot salads (yum for your tummy and your wallet) and taking up kayaking and walking.