Runners: shorts if you thighs rub together???

Options

Replies

• kuregisto
    kuregisto Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I always wear a pair of biker's shorts underneath a pair of normal shorts.
  • jhagerman
    jhagerman Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have this problem. I second the bermuda length shorts idea. I just got these from target. They're not skin tight in the legs (like bike shorts are) and don't ride up at all. I feel a little stupid looking in them though but whatevz, they work.

http://www.target.com/p/C9-by-Champion-Womens-Bermuda-Athletic-Shorts-Assorted-Colors/-/A-13955849
  • StacyFrisbie
    StacyFrisbie Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have the perfect solution in 2 words! RUNNING SKIRT! They have built in short bikers underneath the skirt, are very cute, and comfortable. I ordered several more after I got my first one. They have a nice selection (I like the "Athletic" ones cause they're an inch longer and looser fit) at runningskirts.com
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I just saw your size reference and it sounds like we were in exactly the same boat - I'm 126 now, but the Lulu shorts were perfect on me at 145-150, and I'm 5'4".
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I have the perfect solution in 2 words! RUNNING SKIRT! They have built in short bikers underneath the skirt, are very cute, and comfortable. I ordered several more after I got my first one. They have a nice selection (I like the "Athletic" ones cause they're an inch longer and looser fit) at runningskirts.com

thank you! I actually love running skirts but I lost weight and dont fit into my old one........I should get more.
  • braign
    braign Posts: 89
    Options
    I'm using capris-length leggings right now, the thicker kind so undies don't show through. I got them cheap when they were in style, but now they're good for running since they don't really move when I bounce around. I'd like to invest in something better soon, but they'd always have to be at least knee-length and tight so they don't ride up and/or show all my horrible cellulite.
  • erintheinspiration
    erintheinspiration Posts: 229 Member
    Options

thank you! I actually love running skirts but I lost weight and dont fit into my old one........I should get more.

I've never used a running skirt before... Must get one of these! :)
  • Bretto
    Bretto Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    For running skirts, I also like Skirtsports.com They are a little pricey, but I love them.
  • Laurarunnergirl
    Laurarunnergirl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I run in Lucy bermuda length tights. They're not skin-tight in the legs , so they don't feel like compression shorts. The bermuda length covers up that chub! Only downfall is that they don't have pockets or a key holder.

For longer runs where I need a pocket/key holder, I have a Skirt Sports running skirt. Can't remember the name of the particular skirt, but it's a longer skirt than most and has compression shorts with two key holder (or GU/tissue) pockets on the legs of the shorts. The shorts actually stay put, too!!

Both of them are very comfortable and hold up well.
  • Balance27
    Balance27 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    There is this stuff called Butt Glue that dancers and gymnasts use to keep their leotards in place. This might work to keep your shorts in place too.
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I have some Nike running shorts, they come to about the knee and they don't ride up!! Ideal :) Nike Dry or something similar to that, awesome shorts (will go check the name of em but just cannot be bothered to move juuust now!)

Edit: Nike Dri-fit - thanks to the poster below me xD
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    i wear nike dri fit short spandex under my shorts

I"m not the leggin wearing kinda with no shorts -- dont wanna see things i dont wanna see
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Go to a Running Room (or running store equivalent). They have clothes designed not to ride up - make sure to try it on first and even run around in them before you buy... They need to be tight and hold the thighs in.
    Be prepared to spend a little more.

If not, wear capris.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Run naked! I too love running skirts. They make some that have inner shorts vs. the panty style.

http://store.runningskirts.com/skirts/athletic-skirts
  • rob_v
    rob_v Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Nike makes a running short with liners built in they are called Nike Dri-FIT Tempo Track Two-In-One. Got a pair of these last year - by far the best running shorts I own, perfect for the people that are pron to "chub rub".
    I am happy to say that I can now wear "normal" shorts w/ no issues. But I still prefer the Nikes for the extra support.
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options

I've never used a running skirt before... Must get one of these! :)

running skirts?? That's awesome!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I wear running shorts with a pair of bike shorts under them. It usually stops them from riding up and even if they do go up a little, the bike shorts do not move (as long as you don't get a pair that is too big). Good luck :)

I do this also, not because my running shorts ride up but because my thighs chafe if I run over 3 or 4 miles...good idea for both issues, I think!
  • michaelthorsonjr
    Options
    I have several pairs of adidas techfit shorts and cw-x running tights...love them I'll never run in regular shorts again...period.
  • manda1002
    manda1002 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I wear spandex under my shorts. Fairly inexpensive and comfortable.
  • 4flamingoz
    4flamingoz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Are there any running shorts that DONT ride up in the middle if your thighs still rub together? I'm a little scared to make the leap on a pricey pair of LuLuLemon or Athleta shorts if they are just going to give me the same problems that I have with the cheaper Target shorts I've got.

I generally run in running tights or compression shorts and avoid this, but with the weather warming up I wish I could run in shorts. Yesterday on the track I saw a couple of girls about my size and they didn't seem to have the ride-up problem but I could be wrong.

For reference, I'm 5'6", about 160lbs, and I'm about a size 10 right now.
    Wear your compression shorts under another pair of shorts. It's what I do, and I have no problems.