Need advice or ideas concerning my Liquid Life (AKA Coffee)

Options
2»

Replies

• 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Please, throw away the creamers and artifical sweetners. Nothing will impair your fat loss ability more than these chemicals.

Holy overstatement, Batman! :huh:
  • badgerbabs
    badgerbabs Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Please look at the ingredients in the powdered creamer. The first listed is CORN SYRUP... so you're adding even more sugar than you think you are, plus the other mystery chemicals. Use the real stuff (half & half) and it may make the taste rich enough to help you ease off on the sugar. It's about 20 cal/tbsp. On a related note, check out the "low-fat" options on anything from mayo to cookies - they add more sugar to "improve" the taste after they remove the fat. And vice-versa.
  • mwilson57
    mwilson57 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem! I started at a Tablespoon of sugar per cup of coffee (usually 2-3 cups per day) and am now down to a teaspoon of honey (or real maple syrup) once in the morning. If I refill my cup, I don't put any more sweetener in it (so I usually only have 1-2 cups a day). I just started using a little less sugar (1/4 serving less) every WEEK. I started at 1 tbsp, lowered to 3/4 tbsp for a week, then 1/2 tbsp, etc. Going a little less per week (instead of day) helps yor taste buds adjust. As I sweetened it less, I decided to cut back on overall consumption, that's why I only allow sweetener once in the morning. I've been trying to eat cleaner so I avoid the artificial sweeteners as much as possible and switched from sugar to honey or real maple syrup if I want something a little different. Good luck!
  • newmebyjune
    Options
    Hi. I can totally understand your issue. I have always been a heavy coffee drinker. I wish I could have gotten an IV inserted it would be a lot cheaper and easier. I was drinking about 10-12 cups per day and when I say cups I dont mean the 8oz kind, I am talking a 14oz DD. In the past two weeks I have brought myself down to 2 per day and I have had a few days when I only had one. For some reason the sugar issue is only an issue for me when I make a cup at home. I usually put a lot since I have access. On the road or at DD I will drink it however it comes out because I am in desperate need of the caffine. So I have been playing mind games to reduce the amount of sugar I put in my coffee at home. I started with 2 tablespoons and did that for a couple of days then I moved to two teaspoons for a few days then I moved to one teaspoon. 128 of the 129 calories were coming from Milk and sugar so by reducing the sugar alone I got it down to 83 calories. Next step is to move from milk to half/half as that will save me another 20 calories.
  • Iceylyons
    Iceylyons Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Wow! So many great ideas! Thank you all for taking the time to answer! I know the creamers and artificial sweeteners are bad. Now, I never heard of putting honey in my Liquid Life. I think I will try that flavored coffee...I'm a sucker for Hazelnut =)