What do you use your remaining calories for?

Options
13»

Replies

• La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    A glass of dark chocolate almond milk, tbs of peanut butter and now I'm drinking Odwalla Superfood as a snack after dinner. Yum.
  • Lord007
    Lord007 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    First, Good post!

I struggle with the same issue. I exercise 5 days a week, with 3 of them being very heavy (600+ calories burned). I've been finding myself at dinner time with a huge deficit to cover, often 800-1000 calories. I don't want to fill that with a burger or some other less healthy option, or a ton of sugar (On a low carb/low fat diet per my physician.) T not fill that gap is to put my body in starvation mode. I'm making more of an effort to spread those calories out through my day but it is difficult. I don't want to front load it with a monstrous breakfast and then have to fight to stay awake at work. Lunch? same issue.
    Snacking on nuts are a good idea. Keep 'em coming folks! Variety helps keep me progressing to my goal.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Wow , I never have any left over
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'd go for a big glass of red wine and a big handful of cocoa roast almonds.
  • 20danielle12
    20danielle12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've been naughty recently and never have many left over! I burnt 600+ this morning and have about 30 to spare tonight!

Def peanut butter and maybe some chocolate philly.... it's AMAZING!

xxx
  • missprincessjenny
    missprincessjenny Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    The day before or early morning I plan all my meals and my exercise. I balance it all out. I have to do it to ensure I keep my calories in check. I can't imagine winging it. If I am low on calories I eat nuts. Or a smoothie.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    If I have a LOT left over, then I just eat an extra meal (some sort of lean meat and veggies) but if I have, say 500 extra or so, I'll drink a protein shake and leave it at that. I pretty much always have a couple hundred extra at least, but I always manage to get at least 1400 calories (ok sometimes more) in on my non-workout days.

Edited to add that sometimes, like on Saturdays when I usually do a really long run (like 10-12 miles) I treat myself to something really bad like beer or barbecue or Mexican food or something. I keep it in my calorie limit though!
  • purpleface
    purpleface Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I had 200 cals left tonight so I had some cookies. Totally worth it ;o)
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time when I wind up with even a couple hundred extra calories at the end of the night. Most nights I make myself a little snack.. Maybe an apple with a cookie and a tablespoon of chocolate chips. Or last night I had some baby carrots and a stick of string cheese.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    This is what I do with my extra cals.....

om-nom-nom-nom.gif
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    what remaining calories? if anything i need more freaking calories i'm hungry 24/seveeeeen
  • Graciecny
    Graciecny Posts: 303
    Options
    One word: Pizza

Everything evil in one neat little circle. Oh, how I adore pizza. :love:
  • misti17
    misti17 Posts: 106
    Options
    B E E R !!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND THEN ANOTHER B E E R !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE BEER! YUMMY!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Anything I want.