I AM BEAUTIFUL, Hear me ROAR <3

jeninabilan
jeninabilan Posts: 369 Member
I decided to post a topic in response to this horrible thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/551658-women-hate-me-because-i-m-too-beautiful?

CONFIDENCE IS SEXY! I commend ANY woman who can truly see the beauty in herself from the inside out. This woman has a lot of be proud of. She has enough dedication and determination to reach her goals and has lost over 100 pounds! WOW.. that is amazing! Might I add that she never once said she was better looking than anyone else, merely comparing her "new look" to her "old look". The only reason anyone should put her down is a lack of confidence in themselves. Seriously? Why point out someones bad teeth or skin or anything else? Are you that insecure with yourself that you must point out other people's flaws to make yourself look better? That is horrible, absolutely horrible.

As a beautiful woman (and yes, I do think I am beautiful), I agree with her. Insecure woman are very harsh, jealous, catty, rude, and the list goes on and on.. If you feel the need to point out my flaws or put me down now, go for it.. I will take it as a compliment at this point.

I love MyFitnessPal and am very disappointed in the display that I just saw. We are always here to lift people up and encourage them. I challenge everyone to take a look at themselves right now. Are you confident in yourself? Do you think you are beautiful? Why or why not? Why do you feel the need to put others down and bring up their imperfections? What can you do to better yourself?

You know, as a pageant girl, I spend hours a day encouraging other women and teaching young girls about the affects of bullying and trying to prevent insecurity from developing in young women. It is sad that even in adulthood, bullying still happens daily. We preach confidence, but ridicule those that have it. I am not trying to put anyone down, but I honestly am very sad and disappointed in this...

I will say this again, props to ANY woman who believes she is beautiful in spite of her imperfections..

Replies

• msbellzee
    msbellzee Posts: 69
    this won't end well
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    I so agree with you. Its appalling to me how they are like piranhas and attack. There was no reason for them to attack her so viscously. This woman might end up hurting herself over this. Ok, i dont get why everyone is so mean towards her. She is pretty. She looks great for her age. No where does she say she is better than anyone or hotter than anyone. She lost alot of weight and was just saying that she is treated different and yes she is prolly treated different. Yes she is right, look at the comments on here, so many women and yes men are very mean to her. Women (most) are very cruel and mean and it def shows on here. How would you like it if someone pointed out your flaws?

Why is it ok and cool for people like Kim Kardashian to always talk about how hot she is and how much better she is than others but this woman who was talking about how things have changed since her weight loss. Also, how many of you mean women have said how beautiful you are? Be honest. This poor woman might end up killing herself or therapy after reading all this mean stuff. Good job women, I hope you are happy when she kills herself over your insecurities.

As for the men on here, we will see if you are still banging women this pretty at her age or if your wife looks this good. How would you like if women were talking about your penis being small, your inability to get hard, being balled, or the fact that you cant see your penis anymore because of your beer belly.

She never attacked anyone on here so there is no point of attacking her. Leave her alone before she kills herself. Its ok to not agree with her opinion but there is no need to bash her and bury her self esteem to cover you lack of esteem. Im sorry for the post but I really dont think there is a need for anyone to be mean to others. Ive seen some of the posters and they really dont have a right to criticize others on their flaws.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Wait, I am going to make popcorn and mix a drink...
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Raaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwrrrrrrrrr confidence not self-indulgent arrogance
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Rawrr ^.^ We are all beautiful in our own unique ways. :heart:
  • KatKatatrophic
    KatKatatrophic Posts: 448 Member
    Thank you! I am getting soo tired of the girls who say:
    "I'm too fat"
    "I'm to ugly"
    "I'm too mean"
    "I'm selfish"
    "I hate myself"
    "I wish I could die because I'm ugly"

I mean, not being mean or anything, it's pretty stupid. They just want reassurance....
    I sure as hell know I'M beautiful, no matter what guys prefer. I'm me, and if you don't like it, suck it.
    :)
  • calvert6183
    Rawrr ^.^ We are all beautiful in our own unique ways. :heart:

You are right.
  • msbellzee
    msbellzee Posts: 69
    I don't think it's ok to personally attack the woman, but I can't help feeling she asked for it. it's great that she thinks she beautiful and I think all women, all people in fact should be encouraged to feel we are beautiful. But the thing that pissed everyone off was that she thinks she's been treated badly by other women because she's beautiful. Frankly I don't find her attractive at all, I don't think she's very pretty. But if she's going to come out and say that I don't like her because I'm jealous of her beauty, I'm going to tell her, I don't think she's beautiful. I'd say she's treated badly because she's incredibly arrogant and if she's that deluded about her looks, she's likely looking down her nose at everyone else and that won’t win her any popularity points.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    I don't think it's ok to personally attack the woman, but I can't help feeling she asked for it. it's great that she thinks she beautiful and I think all women, all people in fact should be encouraged to feel we are beautiful. But the thing that pissed everyone off was that she thinks she's been treated badly by other women because she's beautiful. Frankly I don't find her attractive at all, I don't think she's very pretty. But if she's going to come out and say that I don't like her because I'm jealous of her beauty, I'm going to tell her, I don't think she's beautiful. I'd say she's treated badly because she's incredibly arrogant and if she's that deluded about her looks, she's likely the looking down her nose at everyone else and that won’t win her any popularity points.

this. oh, and...MeeeewwwwRrrrrroar!!
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    There's nothing wrong with feeling and thinking that you are beautiful.

hatersgonnahate.jpg
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    I think we all have something beautiful about us.
    I thought I was pretty even when I was 400lbs I also knew that I wasn't "beautiful" by societies standards because of my unhealthy body.
    I get very frustrated when my beautiful friends compare themselves to me as being "less pretty" than I am...I call bull! I love my face, that is a GOOD THING..I don't think its better than anyone else's face I just think it's attractive. We should have confidence and not be so focused on the things we dislike about our bodies/appearance but instead try to focus on the things we like.
    ALSO the prettiest people I know are attractive inside first! Their inner beauty radiates.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Oh boy...
  • Aliciaaah
    Aliciaaah Posts: 379 Member
    I think people were attacking her flaws as an attack against her arrogance not her appearance. A person can be confident and sexy with flaws. However, when you make assumptions that people are mean to you because they are jealous it sets you up for attacks.

If you get a D in a class and say that the teacher just doesn't like you because you're smarter than they are you're going to get a heap of people criticizing your intelligence and/or work ethic to prove otherwise. It doesn't matter how smart you are.

Women could be mean to her because she's stuck up. They could be mean to her because they've had a bad day. Or maybe she's just sensitive and women aren't mean to her at all. Yes, they can be mean to her because they're jealous, but to come to that conclusion as the only solution yourself is arrogant to the max. People are definitely not nice to arrogance.
  • jeninabilan
    I think we all have something beautiful about us.
    I thought I was pretty even when I was 400lbs I also knew that I wasn't "beautiful" by societies standards because of my unhealthy body.
    I get very frustrated when my beautiful friends compare themselves to me as being "less pretty" than I am...I call bull! I love my face, that is a GOOD THING..I don't think its better than anyone else's face I just think it's attractive. We should have confidence and not be so focused on the things we dislike about our bodies/appearance but instead try to focus on the things we like.
    ALSO the prettiest people I know are attractive inside first! Their inner beauty radiates.

YOU are amazing :)
  • clarksonwayne
    clarksonwayne Posts: 9 Member
    It's not her looks that are the issue behind this saga more the way she thinks. Confidence is great and can make a real difference, but spouting nosense doesn't go dow as well.
  • Ayeshat
    Ayeshat Posts: 209
    Raaaawwwwwwrrrr... erm I'm not sure hat to think.. it was harsh to attack her, as a lot of people who don't even know her did when they saw that article and good for her that she feels good in her own skin BUT... she came across as incredibly arrogant... And to assume that women treat her badly because they are jealous and no other reason... All women aren't catty, jealous, irrational, unreasonable, childish and that ridiculous right?..... right? lol
  • calvert6183
    I keep seeing people saying she is arrogant. She thinks she is pretty now vs before and noticed how people treat her now. How many times a day do we see people on here say they feel and look pretty? Are they arrogant too? There is nothing wrong with people thinking they are pretty. SHe was gaining self esteem from her battles with weight loss and now everyone has stripped it from her because people feel the need to jump on the bandwagon. I see all these reality tv stars talk about how hot they are and everyone thinks its cool. I just dont get it.

I think the real issue is here that people dont think she deserves to say she is beautiful, if this was any any of those prissy reality tv stars that this was about, no one would have a problem with it. Its all about looks. She is right.
  • jeninabilan
    <3 Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine <3
  • :this is what i look like to people: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: some people even:blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

i am so :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • Ayeshat
    Ayeshat Posts: 209
    the article wasn't 'I'm pretty', it was, 'women hate me because I'm pretty'.. that's what people have a problem with..