What is your spring/summer workout plan??

Options
EBFNP
EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
I am just checking to see what people have in mind for their workout routine for the next two seasons. I plan to start Insanity this Monday and be done by mid-June. I was initally planning to do Jillian No more trouble zones and bob harper, but I am getting tired of the cardio I do at the gym, and I REALLY want to stay on the weight loss roll I am on now. Insanity can get me to where I want quicker even though I love Jillian. After Insanity, I plan to do Jillian again prob NMTZ and Ripped in 30 for another round in July-August.

Replies

• Pickles11
    Pickles11 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I will be running 4x a week doing a half marathon training program, and I also do 3x a week of Chalean Extreme (I just started the second month).

I have done so many combinations of workout videos/programs, but I have recently realized how much easier it is and motivating for me to just keep it simple! (I HAVE had success doing both but I now prefer just running and lifting- it feels more long term).

Good luck with Insanity- I got great results from that program last year.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Currently training for a 10K on May 5th, then considering training for a half marathon at the end of September. With a few 5K races in between.
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I hear you..After I hit my goal, I am going to stick to a gym routine even though I go plenty now. I am just looking for a quicker way to reach my goal before my birthday in August. I have 20lbs to go, and I feel like I do better with workout videos than the usual treadmill/lifting routine.
  • zuzuanne88
    zuzuanne88 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I made this poster board that i can stick stars on that has my workouts on when I get to 440 stars I get a0 /reweard,and i'm s+-a0ving 7 dollars a week to give myself.
    +ON the chart it has HIIT,jogging for at least 30 mins,ballet conditioning,barre,sport of my choosing,burpees,self magazine workout,and a star fort sticking to my diet.....I have 28 stars so far,so my reward will be a big one!!
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Im gonna have to tweak my workouts once the kids are out of school. I have just started jogging/running, whatever you want to call it. I call it huffin and puffin! I do it in the mornings while the kids are at school and my hubs is sleeping. He works 2nd. I do my dvd workouts in the evenings so nothing will change there. We are outside more than in the house in the summer anyway so I hoping lots of outdoor activities will help burn some!
  • NateDad
    NateDad Posts: 55
    Options
    P90X + couch to 5k (extending the C25K out to do a 4 mile run on the 4th of july). I hadn't really though much past then. Guess I should :)
  • angrykitty13
    angrykitty13 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm using the Couch to 5K program to get back into running shape. It's been a bit slow for me, especially since I'm working with a physical therapist to break up some scar tissue on my shins.

Once I'm running comfortably I'm going back to crossfit up to three times a week, which is an amazing workout. I also play both futsal and soccer once a week. I'm looking forward to regaining my cardiovascular fitness so i can fully enjoy summer hiking!
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I hope to take time to walk my dog on the bike path and to sit and relax near the river with a good book.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I'm going to lift things up and put them down....and spend lots of time at the beach and pool.