Fattest Among All

Options
2»

Replies

• kimmireads
    kimmireads Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    To krisrpaz - Thanks for sharing that article! I tend to get down on myself on a regular basis,

To chriswee2012 - I think you should commend yourself that you are out there jogging with your family! Like I tell the kids I work with not everyone is going to be first, but give your best efforts and try to do your personal best! :)
  • Mardill
    Mardill Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I always avoided having my picture taken. I became the phographer. Occasionally someone else had a camera & when I see those pics I was not very overweight! I wish I had more pics of my son with me when he was a baby/child.
    I have continued to avoid camera, but joining mfp Dec 2011, I wanted visual documentation, so I found a recent photo taken in Aug 2011, that is posted as my Profile pic. (far left).
    In 13 weeks I have lost 27 lbs and so had my husband take my update photo. When I looked at it I can see no difference! :noway: I know I have a long ways to go yet and I am down 2 sizes, but I haven't put it on my profile yet. Feeling very sad that I had it taken, as I had been feeling so positive.:brokenheart: Maybe when I'm down another 20 lbs! :ohwell:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    My cousin usually piss me off telling I have girls boobs , I know these will be funny for any one of you,but for certain people,it make people sad

I know, it's hard looking back at photos and seeing how big I was, and even harder when people try to stir you up be referring to your weight.. But, the good news is that you can do something about - and you ARE doing something about it.
    Hang in there and you will see a change with time.
  • bmacholiday
    bmacholiday Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Know how you feel. Being the only one in my family that isn't stick thin can make a person crazy.
  • spraypainter
    Options
    Hey Chris,

I can SO relate. When I was visiting home last weekend (5-6 days ago), I actually got told by my sister that I needed to lose weight because I was the BIGGEST one out of all of my sisters (I have two) and my mother.

I'm not saying what she is saying is not true, but it sure does hurt. I know I am the biggest one in my family of 6 (2 sisters, brother, mom/dad) but having it said that I need to lose weight because it makes the rest of the family look bad = damaging...
  • Kwint
    Kwint Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I always feel sad and depressed right after taking photos and pictures with my family as when I see the pictures back,Im the fattest among all my family members

Chris, I used to feel this way too. And I was sad and depressed about it too. But I've been trying to take things like this and turn them into motivations. Being able to "fit" in family pictures was my initial goal. Now my goal is to set the example and be the fittest among them! Try turning any depressing thoughts into motivations. I also had a doctor tell me to "save up $10,000 and come back and see me" because he said there was no way I could ever lose all this weight on my own. I have turned that into a motivation to walk back in his office at my goal weight and thank him for telling me I couldn't lose weight on my own.

That doctor might have been a very wise man. Some people are most motivated by rising to a challenge. You might be one of them and maybe he saw that inner strength in you.
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I would like to give you a different perspective on being in pictures.

We don't like seeing ourselves in pictures. That isn't the way that we view ourselves and it is a harsh reality that we don't want to see.

Remember though, this is how your family sees you all of the time. It isn't shocking to them, just you. They love you even though you look like that. At least the ones that count, do.

The reason I say this.... My mom was always worried about being fat and hid from the camera. About 4 years ago she passed away very unexpectedly. It was so hard to find pictures of her. I tried to dig up everything I could, but there wasn't much. I never thought of her as fat in those pictures. I thought of her as my mother and I loved her.

I realized how few pictures we had of me when my daughter was really young. I don't ever want my daughter to wonder where I was when she looks back. If I have a problem with how I look, it is just that, my problem.

I am a ham again. I pose for everything. And guess what, the pictures are getting better!
  • chriswee2012
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your stories friends =D
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I am a ham again. I pose for everything. And guess what, the pictures are getting better!
    Dude...you are just so cool.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options

I realized how few pictures we had of me when my daughter was really young. I don't ever want my daughter to wonder where I was when she looks back. If I have a problem with how I look, it is just that, my problem.

This hits home to me. I am not in very many family photos for 2 reasons... I hate the way I look in photos & I'm usually the one with the camera. I'd hate my son to think I was not around because I'm not in the photos!

OP - you will achieve your goal with patience and persistence. You are young! Getting on the healthy path now is the best thing you can do for yourself.