Zumba? Anyone Tried it??

Options

Replies

• shellyj40
    shellyj40 Posts: 15
    Options
    Zumba is a big part of my exercise routine now,my gym does a class nearly every day. It burns loads of cals, you have good fun doing it plus it has given me the confidence to do other types of dancing..I now do tap dancing in a mothers troupe at the dance school my daughter goes to, plus funtap and soft shoe dance. Give it a try, you`ll love it!!
    x
  • b1791
    b1791 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just bought Zumba 2 for my Wii on the weekend. I've tried it once so far and I was so sweaty after just 30 minutes! LOL. I found myself laughing a lot at my lack of coordination but that's what makes it fun.
  • cmbarnes
    cmbarnes Posts: 46
    Options
    Love it! I take 1 hour classes Mon., Tues. and Thurs., plus a 90 min. master class once a month! I actually started working out for the cardio benefits and fun before I decided to take my weight in hand--the changes in my body from Zumba are what really inspired me to eat healthier and take off the pounds. My instructors are AWESOME...just full of energy and enthusiasm and encouragement! As you learn the routines to different songs, you can increase the intensity by adding extra jumps or just working it harder.

Hope you enjoy! :happy:
  • aqua_girl
    aqua_girl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Zumba is the most fun I have ever had doing cardio, plus it really works off the inches in the waist and hips. I zumba 3 times per week.
  • LilGiselle21
    LilGiselle21 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Love it go to class 1 hr every day mon-fri
  • IdahoDino
    IdahoDino Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Zumba is the best excersise I have ever done! I started about 3 years ago... and dropped 20lbs...It has motivated me to get healthy and the group of instructors I have around here are AWESOME! I highly reccommend Zumba! I have 2 left feet and I love it... don't even care what I look like...It makes me smile! I have also met a group of inspiring ladies going to Zumba Group excersise at the gym I belong to! LOVE IT!
  • 2farfromurheart
    2farfromurheart Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When I entered Zumba into the exercise tracker on here, it showed Zero results. What's up with that?
  • hisqtangel
    hisqtangel Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    When I entered Zumba into the exercise tracker on here, it showed Zero results. What's up with that?

I go to Zumbacalorie.com and calculate it and them type in my own on MFP.
  • kaaabney
    kaaabney Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My sister in law teaches it. She's lost 50 lbs and burns up to 900 calories per class. She absolutely loves it. Goes to the big Zumba convention for the instructors each year. She is total obsessed.

I have done it on the Wii and DVD's and I think it's fun.

I have been to one class and loved it, but can't find a class available when I am available. I plan to either buy DVD's or Zumba for my WII. Which one would you prefer? Which is more fun? Which gives you a better work out? Thanks in advance for your help!
  • jesmendi
    jesmendi Posts: 2
    Options
    This will be my 4th day zumbaing and I have to say its the most fun I've ever had doing cardio. I feel like a kid again and I have so much extra energy! I have it for my wii and "play" every day. When I get done, i'm exhausted but bummed out that I can't do anymore until tomorrow. I would recommend it to anyone :bigsmile:
  • BOaks105
    BOaks105 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba 2 for my WII and LOVE IT! I've been doind it for about 2 months and have almost lost 10 pounds. It goes by really quickly and I love it because I can do it in my house after I put my kids to bed. I don't have access to a babysitter so I can't go to a gym to take a class. Highly recommend it!!
  • BOaks105
    BOaks105 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have two small kids and can't get to a gym, I bought zumba 2 for the wii and love it. I've been doing it for 2 months at least 4 times a week and aren't bored with it. There are a TON of songs at different levels you can do. Highly recommend! :happy:
  • laceyslady
    laceyslady Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Must admit I am adicted to Zumba. go 4x"s a week also do Zumba Toning with 3lbs weights. great workout. I've lost 15lbs since Jan with diet and Zumba!
  • Nastastia
    Nastastia Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i LOVE Zumba I am addicted now. I have been going for the past almost 30 days now and it is a fun work out. I used to run 5 miles and get the same sweat. I like how many muscles it works out. If I can't make it to the qym I go home for at least 30 mins turn on some loud music and do some of the moves that I learned in class.
  • sexycute
    sexycute Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I do it every Monday after work and find myself loving Monday's for that reason. It's a great calorie burn and the hour flies by!

Ditto! :happy:
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I like zumba it's fun, mind you I've always loved dancing anyway and it works up a sweat.
  • sexycute
    sexycute Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Do men do it? It does look fun and it looks like it would be a great calorie burn. I have no interest being a creep if Zumba
    is a woman only thing. Honestly I would only be there for the workout...... (and the occasional glance maybe. LOL)

My hubby is in the Navy and they do it for PT sometimes.

*OP*
    I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE ZUMMMMMMMBA!!!!

That is awesome about those Navy men! I would love to see that!
  • Ambers92
    Ambers92 Posts: 8
    Options
    I am in loveeee with Zumba. I dropped in on a class last year and loved it! But I'm a college student and really didn't have the money to pay for a class... luckily my school decided to provided Zumba for free to all students and staff on Mondays and Thursdays! I wish it was three days a week, but I will take what I can get! The instructor is awesome, the music and dance moves are fun and hip, and everyone is very friendly. I never feel embarrassed about the way I look when I attend the classes. There are all age groups and all fitness levels. I love burning calories and having a good time. I was looking forward to Zumba over my spring break, so glad to be back=] I am going to buy the turbo fire dvds and do the 90 day challenge along with continuing to go to Zumba classes on Monday and Thursday, and I HOPE to see some GREAT results =]
  • hillysuze
    hillysuze Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    When I first tried it, I was at my heaviest. I dropped 15 lbs on Zumba. Now I am trying to be more consistent. I am rotating my Zumba DVDs with my Biggest Loser Cardio Max dvd (burn more calories with Zumba but I'm sore doing the Biggest Loser and know I have muscles working that I wasn't using in Zumba).

I LOVE Zumba. Give it a shot and don't worry about looking dumb. Everyone who does Zumba was new at it once!
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I love this topic!!!! What great stories of success. Zumba is an amazing program- I lost most of my weight just by incorporating it into my life- 1st once a week- then 2X- after a few months I got the confidence to attend a workshop and now I am a Zumba Instructor!! It has changed my life. I teach 8+ classes a week, and by being an instructor it has held me accountable to working out- can't not go because I am tired- I have to go!
    If anyone had no coordination, it was me- I tell people who are afraid to try it- because I had 3 left feet when I started. The steps come later- and no one is watching you- you just let go with the music and have fun. As mentioned above by one, yes call a couple of instructors- go to Zumba.com to find an instructor near you, and send an email or call if they have a # posted- many will let you try it once for free- I do!

I do recommend cross training too, I also weight train 2X a week, that and eating right- when I combine them, I do great with my loss of fat and building endurance and strength.