exercises to rid of fat on upper inner thighs??

Options
Hey .. does anyone know how to get rid of that little bit of fat on the upper inner thighs???
tips greatly appreciated!!

Replies

• slrose
    slrose Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    leg lifts, running and ple-ayes (those strait down bends that ballerinas do)
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    No exercise will spot reduce. You can only do that by lowering your overall body fat sadly. I wish there was!

Squats, deadlifts and lifting heavy weights (for you) will help you with that goal.
  • skinnyallover
    Options
    thanks guys!
  • skinnyallover
    Options
    any others?
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Cardio. You can't spot reduce.. so do cardio so you lose fat from all over

Also.. it's spelled PLIE.. .its french
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options

Not really. Cardio is great for beginners because it's starting but you can't keep pushing yourself. Doing weights is the best option for fat loss because you can keep challenging yourself by upping the weights.
  • skinnyallover
    Options
    how do you use weights to rid a little inner leg fat?
  • IslandDer
    IslandDer Posts: 27
    Options
    True - spot reducing not possible. Weight goes back off in about the same way it went on. Sorry!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    how do you use weights to rid a little inner leg fat?

you should probably READ the above post that says you can't spot reduce.
  • skinnyallover
    Options
    so no spot reducing, i get it. but the posts did say that weights are better than cardio after you are no longer "a beginner" and i was wondering what that specifically meant.
  • jenlb99
    jenlb99 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Are you wanting that inner thigh gap? So many women on here said they want it. The truth is, it is unattainable for most women, simply due to their bone structure.

My cousin, for example, is overweight by roughly 30 lbs and still has that gap. I have never had it, even as a scrawny young girl lol. It's just not attainable...but then, I've never given it any thought until women on here started talking about it! lol
  • IslandDer
    IslandDer Posts: 27
    Options

Not really. Cardio is great for beginners because it's starting but you can't keep pushing yourself. Doing weights is the best option for fat loss because you can keep challenging yourself by upping the weights.

Also true :-)
  • skinnyallover
    Options
    Are you wanting that inner thigh gap? So many women on here said they want it. The truth is, it is unattainable for most women, simply due to their bone structure.

My cousin, for example, is overweight by roughly 30 lbs and still has that gap. I have never had it, even as a scrawny young girl lol. It's just not attainable...but then, I've never given it any thought until women on here started talking about it! lol

ya thats what I'm talking about(: its seems impossible to rid of that fat no matter how much cardio you do!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    so no spot reducing, i get it. but the posts did say that weights are better than cardio after you are no longer "a beginner" and i was wondering what that specifically meant.
    Your metabolism is different when you weight lift (and that doesn't mean light weight/high reps) compared to just using cardio for calorie expenditure. You burn more fat at rest than any other time, so increasing your RMR is better way to burn fat. Steady state cardio doesn't achieve that while heavy weight lifting does.

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • kmozymoz
    kmozymoz Posts: 187
    Options
    Actually in a few Jillian Michaels DVDs she talks about how you shouldn't use weights to try to get rid of leg fat. You don't want to bulk up muscle there. For some people it's just not in their shape, but I would suggest running and workout DVDs. No More Trouble Zones is great for those types of exercises.
  • jenlb99
    jenlb99 Posts: 213 Member
    Options

ya thats what I'm talking about(: its seems impossible to rid of that fat no matter how much cardio you do!!

Ahhh, I see. The chances of you getting it are slim to none, unless your legs are naturally spaced farther apart than most.

My legs are very muscular (kickboxing does that! lol), but the only way I would ever have that gap is through liposuction or becoming severely underweight...neither of which I'm willing to do! lol

Sorry! :)
  • skinnyallover
    Options
    Your metabolism is different when you weight lift (and that doesn't mean light weight/high reps) compared to just using cardio for calorie expenditure. You burn more fat at rest than any other time, so increasing your RMR is better way to burn fat. Steady state cardio doesn't achieve that while heavy weight lifting does.

IDEA Fitness member

thanks! so increasing muscle mass all over the body will help... great, ill start lifting more tomorrow
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

thanks! so increasing muscle mass all over the body will help... great, ill start lifting more tomorrow
    If you're on calorie deficit, you don't increase muscle mass (there are a couple of exceptions) since that would mean adding weight in most instances.
    You lift to retain lean muscle and higher intensity lifting raises your RMR.

IDEA Fitness member
  • leadoff
    leadoff Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Leap frog squats (lateral and front and back) will make your inner thighs burn!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Actually in a few Jillian Michaels DVDs she talks about how you shouldn't use weights to try to get rid of leg fat. You don't want to bulk up muscle there. For some people it's just not in their shape, but I would suggest running and workout DVDs. No More Trouble Zones is great for those types of exercises.

This is why people shouldn't listen to Jillian Michaels.