• Azarielisha
    Azarielisha Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    500 or less?? isnt that a bit unrealistic? :indifferent:
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Kidd,
    Read this post. It will help explain some things for you.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing
  • debb1985
    debb1985 Posts: 19
    Options
    Kidd,
    Read this post. It will help explain some things for you.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing

I agree. If this doesn't change your frame of mind Kidd....I am not sure what will :/
  • Azarielisha
    Options
    Are u trying to recover from an ED?
  • Azarielisha
    Options
    Sorry!! I didnt read the part where you said you havent any ED´s... Im sorry.... But your in the way... it starts that way... then it becomes an obsssession :cry:
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Do you realize that if you do lose 86 lbs, which is very unlikely the way that you are eating, you will not like how you look because you will have no muscle left. You will end up in the hospital before you lose that much. It is not hard to eat the calories you are suppose to if you eat the right foods and not candy. I drink a protein after I work out and before bed each one of those is 240 calories.

Do you exercise?
  • AlyssasMommy
    Options
    Twistedkidd- How long have you been eating like this?

Have you ever thought that you might be obese because you eat like this?
  • TwistedKidd
    Options
    Azarielisha- Yea it can become a obsession. I don't think Im obsessed but idk =/

April0815- Eh i wish people will telling meh that. I don't eat 500 because i choose to, i eat 500 because that what it end out to be. Like i said i recorded all week what i eat and most of it came out to be 500. I didn't even know. And i have lost weight 9 pounds but i didn't even know i lost it. And yes i exercise. ^_^

AlyssasMommy- I really don't know but it has not been that long maybe a few weeks. No im obese cuz of my depression. I ate away my pain.

Debb- Im reading it now. ^_^
  • kerry1968
    Options
    If you are intaking only 900 cal/day, your body will go into protection mode,and turn the majority of what you eat into fat....thereby not losing anything but possibly gaining alot more. Definetly stick to at least 1200 cals per day.
    Has anyone tried the Thermothin with Acai berry product? I have read a great deal about it but would like to hear from someone who actually has tried this, I have hit a plateau and need to kickstart my metabolism.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Have you talked to your parents about buying at least one thing you can eat. What do you like besides candy? Maybe some nuts. I love cashews myself. Some good protein from cheese, milk, eggs or meat.

I agree with you about the obsession part it can become one. What really helps is mapping out a meal plan of things you like. That is within a certain calorie range so you want feel so bad about getting to the end of the day and not having eaten enough.
    Azarielisha- Yea it can become a obsession. I don't think Im obsessed but idk =/

April0815- Eh i wish people will telling meh that. I don't eat 500 because i choose to, i eat 500 because that what it end out to be. Like i said i recorded all week what i eat and most of it came out to be 500. I didn't even know. And i have lost weight 9 pounds but i didn't even know i lost it. And yes i exercise. ^_^

AlyssasMommy- I really don't know but it has not been that long maybe a few weeks. No im obese cuz of my depression. I ate away my pain.

• TwistedKidd
    Options
    Have you talked to your parents about buying at least one thing you can eat. What do you like besides candy? Maybe some nuts. I love cashews myself. Some good protein from cheese, milk, eggs or meat.

I agree with you about the obsession part it can become one. What really helps is mapping out a meal plan of things you like. That is within a certain calorie range so you want feel so bad about getting to the end of the day and not having eaten enough.

I eat peas and corn which is like 60 and carrats and celery and apples
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I agree with ivkivy. I am sorry if we seems like we are being hard on you, we just care. I've been going through this fight with gaining weight for years and hopefully something I say or someone else says to you can save you what we have been through all this time. Now that you know that you are not eating enough calories and you are not doing it on purpose youn need to read up on some of the great topics there is on here. You will learn how to eat properly. If you are exercising and only eating 500-600 calories, that means you are burning some of those up. Just take it from me this is a fight you want to end now not 20 years down the line.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    If this is a recent picture, you do not need to lose 86 lbs!
  • Demetria
    Demetria Posts: 178
    Options

I eat peas and corn which is like 60 and carrats and celery and apples
    [/quote]

We are not trying to gang up on you or be mean. But what you have said so far looks like you are not taking in enough calories for you to be healthy much less lose weight. This is a serious health issue.

And if you lost 9lbs how long did it take? Was it more than 2lbs a week? If so you may have lost muscle due to your body using your muscle for fuel. Which will only make things worst in the long run, slower metabolism, higher fat to muscle ratio.

We all want to help you. Now if you can give us all of your info like how much you weigh now, how tall you are, how much you exercise and any medical conditions I am sure we will all do our best to help you.

You say you are obese but how do you know that? And going from one extreme such as emotional eating to hardly eating anything is not good for your body.

You could be causing organ damage, bone and muscle loss due to not taking in enough calories and nutrients. If you are only 18 yrs old, your body might still be growing and you may need even more calories.

hth,
    Demetria
  • Saken
    Saken Posts: 476
    Options
    mine's bout 2170 but it's too soon to post results, i am a man tough, i think that 2170 for a man is bang on for loosing a little bit of weight
  • Saken
    Saken Posts: 476
    Options
    mine's bout 2170 but it's too soon to post results, i am a man tough, i think that 2170 for a man is bang on for loosing a little bit of weight
  • TwistedKidd
    Options
    Hmo4- It is. It's about a week old. Yesh i do. I'm fat.

April- Thank you! I'm trying to listen and i am. I'm taking what every said. Yesterday i ate 800 instead of 300 cals. ^_^

Demetria- It's didn't take long to lose 9IB maybe a week and a half. My Bmi is 30.
    Hmm Im 18 of course 5'6 186 i exercise 300-600 mot of the time all week but not latly.
  • fjtcjt
    fjtcjt Posts: 199
    Options
    Kidd- check out this link. This is a girl similar in height to you who now weighs around 160 and she looks great. She even gives diet and workout info.

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/31233/
  • TwistedKidd
    Options
    Kidd- check out this link. This is a girl similar in height to you who now weighs around 160 and she looks great. She even gives diet and workout info.

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/31233/

Ill check it out now ^_^
  • rstendie
    rstendie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Debb- I love candy so why not eat candy. Thanks but yea i need to lose lose weight. My bmi is obese right now. When i get down to 150 i think it will be normal but i still want to lose 80-86 pounds. I know yallare trying to help but yall are making meh feel ****y about eating 500. I mean i do choose to eat 500 but that is only becasue that is what i normally eat.

Mtgirl- I don't have an eating disorder is that is what everyone is thinking. Well i don't think so. I think 500 is alot and more than enough. I know it's low to other people but to meh it's way to much.

Like i said i am trying to up my intake but everything my parents make or get i don't want =/

If you get to 150 and still think you need to lose 80 lbs that would put you around 70lbs altogether! That is scarily skinny! It is unhealthy and sickly. Do you want to look like a starving etheopian child??? What the heck girl?!? You really need to eat more in order to live!