Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

NSV - 16 week Visit to the Doctor

Hello...16 weeks ago I went to the doc for my normal yearly visit (with lab work). I knew I wasn't taking good care of myself, but was really shocked when he showed me my lab results. HIGH BLOOD GLUCOSE(125):noway: & HIGH CHOLESTEROL (231) :sick: & HIGH LIVER ENZYMES (105) :embarassed: ....he said he would give me 4 months to get my act together, and get the numbers where they belong. . :embarassed: :frown:

Said it would take at least a 20 lb loss to see the movement on the labs that he wanted. :huh:

WELL....yesterday was the magic day - 16 weeks / 22 pounds lost and.....

Cholesterol 161
Blood Glucose 85
Liver Enzymes 59

These numbers are all in perfect range, and the lowest any have been for the past 4 years. The doctor couldn't believe it and said he has never seen this much improvement without putting someone on medication. :happy:

My husband, family, MFP and my friends on thie site have kept me going. Encouragement & accountability have gotten me through the rough spots. Still feeling momentum, and just getting started toward getting my old self back. Scheduled to repeat the labs in October / November...can't wait to see how much more progress I can make by then.

Sweet victory on this wonderful journey. :smile:

Replies

• toothfairybuttkicker
    toothfairybuttkicker Posts: 12 Member
    BRILLIANT NEWS. Well done you xx
  • lja20
    lja20 Posts: 54 Member
    Wow, that's fantastic, way to go!
  • Agirard25
    Agirard25 Posts: 154 Member
    WAY TO GO!!!!! awesome work-you hard work shows in those numbers!
  • That is BRILLIANT! Best NSV(s) EVER, I bet :D
  • Nickwa76
    Nickwa76 Posts: 42 Member
    well done you! Amazing turnaround! x

:flowerforyou:
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Great NSV. I remember getting similar results and was thrilled. Keep going! x
  • suztheq
    suztheq Posts: 168 Member
    That is awesome! Congrats on a healthier you! :happy:
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 751 Member
    That is amazing! !!!! What a big change in a short time! !! Proud of you.
  • KilikiMom
    KilikiMom Posts: 237 Member
    that is really great!!
  • ARMom8251
    ARMom8251 Posts: 194
    This is super awesome..job well done!
  • frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    Those are amazing numbers!!

I found out through blood donation that my cholesterol was pretty high. (231) :blushing: This prompted me to start on my road to healthier. 8 weeks later, it was below 200 (185). 8 weeks after that, it was lower (166). I'm so glad to be back to the healthier range (although I don't know my HDL/LDL numbers).

It's amazing the changes we can make on our INSIDES when we are good to ourselves. :wink:
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    This kind of NSV is better than any kind of "hey, I look good in this bikini!" NSV (not that that's not an accomplishment). So happy for you.
  • awesome job! congrats and well done on your hard work!!
  • emma2309
    emma2309 Posts: 203 Member
    That is amazing to hear :) Congrats x
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    That is wonderful! Great job! Wishing you continued success!:flowerforyou:
  • ljmccune
    ljmccune Posts: 15 Member
    That is amazing!! So proud of you. You are an inspiration to others.
  • AthenaErr
    AthenaErr Posts: 278 Member
    wonderful result, you are going to live longer now than you were 4 months ago. Feel good!!!
  • kim233110
    kim233110 Posts: 4 Member
    SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! I am so proud of you for making your health a priority and getting such amazing results :):happy:
  • springseternal
    springseternal Posts: 245 Member
    Congratulations!
  • Engpm
    Engpm Posts: 5 Member
    congratulations :smile: you gave me hope :smile:
    I trying my best too to get my numbers close to yours
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!