Glandular Fever & Weight Gain.

Options
So I have had Glandular Fever since Saturday now, I have had no strength to do anything and I'm always tired.. But my appetite hasn't changed.. I had finally got myself down to a weight I was happy with but now everyday I seen to put on a lb due to the fact that I'm too weak and tired not to mention the fact that I was told not to do heavy exercise as it could cause my spleen to burst.

Anyone got any advice as to how to keep the weight down? It's really depressing looking at the scales everyday and seeing it going back up.. Worst thing is Glandular Fever can last up to 2 months.

Replies

• samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Ahhh looked it up Mono. You need to rest when you have mono/glandular fever. Being tired is a symptom. My daughter did not feel well for 8 weeks. Keep to your calorie goal and rest.
  • Magatame
    Magatame Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks will do. Hoping it doesn't last too long, I have university exams next month.. Don't even have the strength to revise at the minute.. Although in all honesty if I was well I probably still wouldn't be revising right now :\