Funniest thing you've seen someone do at the gym.

Options
Drunkadelic
Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
564185_382890138397718_286497618036971_1249962_1996800152_n.jpg

Stories?

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    ^hahaha

There is a man at my gym who will do a few lat pulldowns, stand up, groove to the music on his ipod (this is like hip swaying dancing) for a minute, sit down and do a few more, and repeat a few times. He just grooves to the beat!!
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    There's a guy that screams every few minutes in spin class...
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options

Stories?

Oh my.
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options

Stories?

Oh my.
    What the h*ll is that machine and how did she get up there?
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    How long before someone comes in here and says we're mean and that's why they don't go to the gym and work out at home? :huh:
  • BrayneZ
    BrayneZ Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Lol, its an assisted pullup machine, and that is FRIGGIN hilarious
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    pitbullmama - it is a pullup/tricep dip machine. The bars her legs are on are meant for the dips. It offers counterweight so that you aren't pulling or dipping your whole body weight. (Knees are supposed to go on the black support under her bum, it moves up and down).
    There are steps to get up to the platform.
  • Krissie_Triaxis
    Options
    You're all mean, that's why I don't work out at a gym and work out at home... :wink:

:tongue:

Seriously though, I don't think I've ever seen someone use the assisted dip to do a stradle stretch before. I'm actually quietly impressed that lady got up there to do that! She must have had the key set at 0lbs.
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I was running on the treadmill at the gym last month, and when I run, I pick a treadmill that has an unused one on each side, turn off the TV's on all 3 before I run. I run on a 2.5 incline & I run at a 6.2 mph pace for as long as I can (usually about 20-25 minutes).

These 2 guys, who usually lift together get on the treadmills on both sides of me (there were plenty of open ones) & I can see them both watching my numbers on the screen. The big guy to my left cranks up the treadmill to 6.7 (0.0 incline) & begins to chug along, checking my numbers every so often. Then when he gets tired, instead of slowing the belt down, he just grabs the handrails & puts his feet on the base outside the belt & bends over huffing & puffing.

The guy to my right cranks his up to 7.5 (0.0 incline) & runs like a gazelle. It was pretty funny watching him taking the huge strides to keep with the belt.

I don't know if they were trying to "compete" with me, but neither of them lasted more than 12 minutes before they gave up. I don't know if this qualifies as funny, pathetic or sad, but I'm at least 10 years older than either of them & neither one will get on a treadmill anywhere near me anymore. I got a big laugh out of it.
  • BigAlfrn
    BigAlfrn Posts: 173 Member
    Options

Stories?

Am i the only one that stands there and shakes my head at people when i see them doing stupid *kitten* like this? LOL just wondering.
  • petes287
    petes287 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    There's a guy in my gym who comes in with a knee brace and back brace on the day he does squats (which he normally doesn't wear).

He then proceeds, with absolutely no warm-up, to load the bar with about 375lbs and squat down about 2 inches. It looks absolutely ridiculous. It's almost like I'm waiting for someone to pop out on "What Would You Do?"

I just want to go tell him if he did less weight (a weight he could actually squat correctly) he wouldn't need the back and knee braces and he'd actually do better for his body.
  • phillieschic
    Options
    I'm impressed that she got THAT up there! ;)
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I saw a guy come out, flex in front of the mirrors and then walk over to the treadmill. The women in the gym started laughing and I finally noticed he had a t-shirt on that said "BABY NOT ON BOARD"! and there was an arrow pointing down to his substantial pot belly!
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    There's a guy in my gym who comes in with a knee brace and back brace on the day he does squats (which he normally doesn't wear).

He then proceeds, with absolutely no warm-up, to load the bar with about 375lbs and squat down about 2 inches. It looks absolutely ridiculous. It's almost like I'm waiting for someone to pop out on "What Would You Do?"

I just want to go tell him if he did less weight (a weight he could actually squat correctly) he wouldn't need the back and knee braces and he'd actually do better for his body.

Partial squats crack me up, but I don't think I've ever seen anything as bad as just a couple of inches. hee hee!
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Why are her shoes off???
  • ashreynolds09
    ashreynolds09 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    There's a guy in my gym that walks in like a stick is shoved up his rear and acts like he's a real hot shot. Warms up on the resistance machines and then he goes for the free weights. He lifts way to heavy for himself and way to fast! His form is HORRIBLE!!! I mean arms thrown around, back never stays straight...just bad. I'm seriously waiting for the day when he comes in throwing around the heavy weights and throws a muscle. I always wanna go up to him and say "Listen, I may be a fatty, but I DO know a thing or two about weights....do this:"
  • Tiff587
    Tiff587 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    basementgymfail.gif

pyzamfitness1.jpg
  • pafagel
    pafagel Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I used to workout at a combined gym and bath house. One day there was this woman who walked from the swimming pool, up the stairs, straight past the 2 (!) saunas(which I assumed she was looking for), through the weight lifting room, down the stairs and into the cardio room where I was pounding away at the treadmill. She stared at me dumbfounded and then turned back up the stairs muttering... All this while SOAKING wet:laugh:

Had she just asked for directions...
  • 2manyshoes
    2manyshoes Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I was at the gym one time w/ 2 of my guy friends and after working out for a while, we went to do situps on stability balls. Two of us had never used the balls before & the third one was showing us how to use them. Not sure how it happened but when my friend (not the one instructing) leaned back on the ball,(I think he leaned back too far) it kept rolling, his feet came off the floor and shot over his head, causing him to flip over. Omw, we were laughing so hard!
  • snuggllepuff
    Options
    Idk who did it or HOWW they did it hahah..

but there was a huge turd lying in the middle of the gym floor one day. I thought I smelled something bad, but I didn't see it at first. Then someone came up to me (because I work there) and said "hey, there's sh** on the floor."

I thought he meant garbage or something. But then I saw it was actual sh**! hahah. It couldn't have been dragged in from outside because it was in the MIDDLE of the gym and pretty big. If it was dog poop from outside, it would have been dragged in throughout the gym. But it was just in the one spot of the floor.

How does that even....