movie snack help!

Options
So tomorrow I've got plans to see two movies at the mall--

does anyone have any suggestions for healthy snacks I could buy at the market before hitting the movies?
Thanks for the help!

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I bring blueberries lol They last a long time cause they are small. Pop your own low cal popcorn, bring a big purse! :happy:

~Leash :heart:
  • mappy
    mappy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Fresh grapes and dried fruits are very portable. I like dried mango, pear, apricots. The flavors are more intense so you can nibble more slowly.

And I agree with "aliciakarver". Find a good recipe for homemade seasoned/spiced popcorn.
    Don't forget the big purse.
    :flowerforyou:
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I usally bring bags of grapes or apple slices or celery sticks or shredded cabage.
  • LydiaJay
    LydiaJay Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I agree with mappy....fresh grapes and dried fruits are perfect for the film nibbles. I did this last Saturday with my friend, and we were so into the film we didn't finish all the grapes!!
  • weasleman42
    Options
    Mmmm, some good ideas here! Don't forget that some crunchy snacks may be a little too "loud" for a movie theater. After I started MFP, I would usually eat a meal or snack before and then only drink water during the movie. Some fruit does sound good, though. Maybe some melon or strawberries or .... ?
  • iKarma
    iKarma Posts: 6
    Options
    Like everyone said just bring some fruits or something. If you don't want to bring any in or can't for whatever reason, then either don't eat any snacks, eat a little something before heading out to the movies.

Or buy a small popcorn without any butter, and a small juice. As long as you don't go overboard I think you'll be ok. :)