Help! Best Protein Shakes?

Options
I guess I should have been doing this all along, but I'm going to start now.
What are the best tasting protein shakes for post-workout? I'm not looking to spend a lot of money. I have a Food City, Kroger, and Wal-Mart close by. So what are my choices?
I like the Slim-Fast chocolate powder
LOVE the taste of chocolate Ensure
Anything similar in taste, if not better?

Replies

• joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Myofusion

XF Ultra Peptide

Quattro Pro
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    My BF says Pure Protein tastes pretty good for a protein shake, especially when mixed with skim milk instead of water.
  • MaryPhillips90
    MaryPhillips90 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    What about the Whey Protein?
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Myofusion

XF Ultra Peptide

Quattro Pro

^this and I like Trutein as well
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I have Optimum Nutrition Whey in Chocolate Mint- it is fantastic! I drink it with either just water, or milk and its tasty!
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    bump. saving this thread for later!
  • dieseljay74
    dieseljay74 Posts: 376
    Options
    Walmart and target protein is overpriced IMO.
    I love Syntha-6 chocolate. It is amazing and mixes instantly
  • littlewitch1973
    Options
    I use Unjury - you have to order them online, but the taste is the best I have found so far. Chocolate, strawberry (very sweet!), vanilla, and unflavored. I mix unflavored in almost everything I cook, and my kids dont know it. It works out well for me and for them. :)

I have also used Nectar (fuzzy naval is really good!) but those are much pricier - you CAN get sample packs from them though, and try them out.
  • Stacyfit37
    Options
    Bump
  • nateraemom
    Options
    My favorite by far is Visalus Vi-Shape. Its gluten free and lactose free and is full of protein and nutrients. There are hundreds of flavor combinations to make anything from butterfinger to blueberry white chocolate cheesecake. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
  • dzarello
    dzarello Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition has really good whey proteins. You can also get Soy or egg protein powders. It is priced pretty reasonable on muscleandstrength.com on the on-line store. Lots of flavors and sizes available.
  • MaryPhillips90
    MaryPhillips90 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I remember drinking Spuri-tein as a kid and I absolutely LOVED it! I think I am
    going to get some of that.
  • Skeeter918
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels Chocolate and Vanilla Whey Protein! Low in calories, Sugar, Carbs yet has a great taste with good amount of fiber and protein! Yummy!
  • breyn2004
    breyn2004 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My husband and I use Myofusion, Pro 7 or Syntha 6. They all mix well and taste good. There is truly a difference in the protein you get at Walmart and the protein you get somewhere like GNC or NutriShop (in my opinion). It is higher priced, but the quality seems to be much better.
  • kcashwheeler
    kcashwheeler Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love Syntha 6 Vanilla Ice Cream flavor. I use it in my blended breakfast smoothie or post work out just mixed with water.