Dear Lady that Ran Past By Me That Day

Options

Replies

• kyt1206
    kyt1206 Posts: 101
    Options
    I really can't believe this overwhelmingly positive response. Thank you for chiming in and sharing this experience with me. I hope you take this message with you and find more and more inspirations in your own life that keeps you going. My best wishes to all of you.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    awesome post!
  • RobynDCrossman
    Options
    Truly motivational!
  • mslizareyes
    Options
    I love this!!!!
  • FireSwan
    FireSwan Posts: 170 Member
    Options

I might be a little over emotional or maybe it's just a little close to home but this made me cry...

thanks... stupid onions.

^^^
    Yeah, stupid onions!! *sniff*
  • michie27
    michie27 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Great post, thank you for sharing!
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Dear Lady that Ran Past By Me That Day,

I don't know your name, I hardly remember your face. I remember you had dark blond hair and some dark navy blue shorts. I also remember the stretch marks I saw as you ran past by me on that hike, as if you've done it 100 times. I imagine you might have, considering how much those shorts barely hung on you. I could tell that those shorts were at their tightest and if you lose anymore weight, you'll need new shorts. I can tell by your stretch marks on your back that you've lost a lot. I was getting really winded on that hike. It was the 2nd time I've ever in recent memory climbed that hill. But you just reminded me why I'm there. I got my second wind but I knew I was never going to catch up to you that day. I got to wave hello to you when you came down the hill and I saw the rest of your stretch marks. Every one of those seemed like a battle scar to me and to me, you are the victor. You fought the hardest enemy in the world, yourself, and you have won enough battles and I feel that you will win that war. Thank you for doing your victory lap around me, maybe one day I'll join you.

Thanks, You're my encouragement to prove that it can be done and it will be done.

I might be a little over emotional or maybe it's just a little close to home but this made me cry...

thanks... stupid onions.

Exactly what I was thinking as a tear dripped on my keyboard!

Brought tears to my eyes too! THIS is what I came to MFP for, not the snarkiness I see so frequently. Thank you for sharing with us. It has refueled my desire to improve myself and continue on this site!
  • zippymelanie68
    Options
    The best post I have read yet on here! Remember you are lapping everyone on the couch xx/oo
  • cdez80421
    cdez80421 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    beautiful, thank you for sharing.
  • amandasweers
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this awesome post! keep up the hard work :)
  • Tannedtiffers
    Tannedtiffers Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    <3 this post...i needed to hear this story
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Great post :)
  • jadashute08
    jadashute08 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Dear Lady that Ran Past By Me That Day,

I don't know your name, I hardly remember your face. I remember you had dark blond hair and some dark navy blue shorts. I also remember the stretch marks I saw as you ran past by me on that hike, as if you've done it 100 times. I imagine you might have, considering how much those shorts barely hung on you. I could tell that those shorts were at their tightest and if you lose anymore weight, you'll need new shorts. I can tell by your stretch marks on your back that you've lost a lot. I was getting really winded on that hike. It was the 2nd time I've ever in recent memory climbed that hill. But you just reminded me why I'm there. I got my second wind but I knew I was never going to catch up to you that day. I got to wave hello to you when you came down the hill and I saw the rest of your stretch marks. Every one of those seemed like a battle scar to me and to me, you are the victor. You fought the hardest enemy in the world, yourself, and you have won enough battles and I feel that you will win that war. Thank you for doing your victory lap around me, maybe one day I'll join you.

Thanks, You're my encouragement to prove that it can be done and it will be done.

Love it!!!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    This is really sweet. :)
  • happypath101
    Options
    Wonderful! It reminds me of the little old lady that surged past me on every lap at the pool. It kind of made me mad to be whipped by a senior like that - but inspired too. Definately inspired.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    *chills*
    Thank you!
  • Escarda
    Escarda Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    *like*
    =)
  • kayteesb
    kayteesb Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I needed this post today.
    I recently took part in some jogging (I am not a runner) and well, someone came flying by me with encouraging words. All the while i am thinking to myself "You will finish the run", knowing I had to do some strength training afterwards. The women who work out with me are amazing. They are always encouraging me - not so much their words and cheers, but also their dedication and drive. We are a team! We motivate one another. :happy:
  • esphixiet
    esphixiet Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Yeah, this made me tear up. I've had moments like these, on the Dundurn Stairs in Hamilton.
  • PattyfromToledo
    PattyfromToledo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Nice post!