Help! My 2 year old neice is coming over!!

Options
13»

Replies

• AmandaJames25
    Options
    i have a 10 1/2 month old lil girl an she eats anything we eat that is soft she loves spaghetti so when i eat a spaghetti tv dinner she eats it with me an she can eat about half of the dinner by herself.:smile:
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas guys!

I know she is allergic to vinegar sauces (ranch, ketchup, bbq sauce etc) but that's it.

She eats what we eat most of the time, but nothing spicy. I know she eats/snacks some of her meals. Just making sure I am stocked.

They really don't have strict rules with what I give her just not too much sugar and junk.

They really don't branch out with what they eat, but they don't want her to be a picky eater so I guess I just want her to try as many healthy treats as possible.

I for sure need to pick up some:

Full fat/2% milk
    fruit snacks (she loves these) but I think I will get her the organic ones.
    string cheese
    juice

I always have tons of fruit and veggies in the house so I will make sure she gets as much as she wants and keep the meals non spicy while she is around)
  • nixirain
    Options
    I am so excited! I forgot to mention that I am going to take her to the Dallas world aquarium tomorrow! She has never been! I have to make sure to pack lots of yummy snacks just incase!
  • countryrayne
    Options
    Lately I have been making myself fruit smoothies and my daughter always wants some. However, she is allergic to strawberries and yogurt doesn't sit well with her so I make her blueberry milk. (throw some blueberries and milk in the blender) I don't know if I would like it but she thinks it is the greatest treat ever!
  • nixirain
    Options
    Lately I have been making myself fruit smoothies and my daughter always wants some. However, she is allergic to strawberries and yogurt doesn't sit well with her so I make her blueberry milk. (throw some blueberries and milk in the blender) I don't know if I would like it but she thinks it is the greatest treat ever!

That's a good idea. I had a friend that used to make banana milk the same way. I don't think I would like it, but I bet my niece will as a little dessert!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    She eats what we eat most of the time, but nothing spicy.
    Just a thought, is that because she doesn't like spicy food, or because you think she won't like it? If it's the latter, it might be worth letting her taste some at some point, kids in some parts of India eat really spicy food as a matter of course so really it's just what they're used to.

Course, if she's tried spicy food and didn't like it, it's not worth pushing it on her, tastes do change as kids get older.
    I am so excited! I forgot to mention that I am going to take her to the Dallas world aquarium tomorrow!
    Ooh, how exciting - for both of you!

Have a wonderful time :bigsmile:
  • nixirain
    Options
    She eats what we eat most of the time, but nothing spicy.
    Just a thought, is that because she doesn't like spicy food, or because you think she won't like it? If it's the latter, it might be worth letting her taste some at some point, kids in some parts of India eat really spicy food as a matter of course so really it's just what they're used to.

Course, if she's tried spicy food and didn't like it, it's not worth pushing it on her, tastes do change as kids get older.
    I am so excited! I forgot to mention that I am going to take her to the Dallas world aquarium tomorrow!
    Ooh, how exciting - for both of you!

Have a wonderful time :bigsmile:

Yeah, we tried spicy she freaked out. She also is afraid of anything hot (understandable) but she also is afraid of anything really cold like ice cream. I think it's the extreme sensation you get.
  • novelty79
    novelty79 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    She will love the aquarium! I took my son there about a month ago and he still talks about it. I never realized how many fun things DFW has for kids until I had one of my own to entertain :)
    Hope you guys have a wonderful time!
  • lrgirl81
    lrgirl81 Posts: 14
    Options
    Tyson chicken fries are a great meal for young children, we currently have my 3rd cousins, which are 2 year old twins, visiting us, and the Tyson chicken fries were a huge hit with the little ones. Caution, the sticks are usually 3 1/2 to 4 inches long, so for the young kids, it is a smart idea to cut them into a bit smaller pieces. Also mix in healthier foods, like smoothies. Mix a lot of bold color fruits in and a couple vegetables, the color of the fruits takes away any vegetable color.

I read this to say to mix the chicken fries into smoothies. lol I was very grossed out for a few seconds
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    My 3 year old nieces favorites are grapes, strawberries, bananas, apple slices, peanut butter crackers, string cheese, yogurt, muffins, scrambled eggs,toast, smoothies, granola bars and protein bars
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I'd find out whether she has any medically confirmed allergies, and whether there are any foods that she has a strong dislike for, and apart from that, give her whatever you're eating yourself.

Teaching kids that they need "special" food sets up a lifetime of unhealthy eating habits, and makes a real rod for your back with having to cook separate meals.

Exactly this. I feed my 2 year old what we eat. If she doesn't want to, that's okay.