Why lead a woman on?

Options

Replies

• MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    So let me get this straight ... this guy wanted to cheat on his girl with you, watched you break up with your boyfriend for him, then blew you off with a sudden desire to marry this girl he was about to cheat on, then broke up with her ... and you're wondering why he's screwing with you? I'll tell you why ... it's because he did it before, and you still wanted him, so why would this time be any different?

Why do women go for asshats like this guy when there are good, decent men in the world?

because we're more fun.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Why do women go for asshats like this guy when there are good, decent men in the world?

Honey... they aren't exactly banging down my door!!!
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    You still deserve better then what you're getting!
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    The same reason women use men, to manipulate them, to get there own way... or it's just in their nature... some people just like flirting with each other but they quickly forget that to some the act of flirting opens gates to a huge emotional response.

Sometimes it's intentional & sometimes it isnt... every sex is guilty & the isn't a standard answer

Sometimes the person doing the chasing is guilty, sometimes they misinterpret acts of kindness/friendship as acts of love and affection, I've seen it and experienced it from every side of the fence imaginable & it's never as straight forward as people assume/think. However if this has happened to you I still offer my sympathy and hope you find someone soon :)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

I'm sure I do. But somehow, this is what I get... abusive, self-centered, egotistical rat *kitten*!!
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Okay... I'm okay with that...

So let's say hypothetically, (as a man) you didn't get it... but she totally wanted to at a later date. You continue to put out the vibe, but don't act on it.

What is the point of that? Just to piss her off??

been there, done that.... he's probably uncomfortable, for some reason.

one time, when i was skinny and would shave down there... i got a ingrown hair. It was uncomfortable and made me feel gross , so.... yeah, i turned down her advances, for about a week. Messed things up cuz i was renting a room from her, ended up moving out to my own house (long story)

another time with another girl, she was just..... i dunno, just couldn't bring myself to do it, just didnt see her like that. She wasn't very attractive so that didn't help

You didn't have sex with someone because you had an ingrown hair down there? Most men I know would sleep with a woman even if they were covered with a rash and had a big abses on their *kitten*.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options

I'm sure I do. But somehow, this is what I get... abusive, self-centered, egotistical rat *kitten*!!

you get back what you put into the universe...you have to project confidence and maturity to attract the right men.

edited to add Im not saying you are immature...

and you were in a relationship that you left for this man...was he a rat *kitten*?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    it's fun to be chased. even when you don't want to get caught.

Agreed!

because i like the idea of a girl being in love with me even if i don't feel the same :\

Don't you think that it is rather ****ty though to make her think you feel the same. Would it be that difficult just to be honest with her?
  • MrDude_1
    Options

thats because you're not giving them a fair chance.

not to make too many assumptions here, but let me guess.. you're not exceptionally social.

You dont go out into social situation where they can meet you.
    You seem to expect them to knock on your door.
    You expect them to remember you after months of not talking and email or call you.

this is *kitten* backwards.

if you want to meet people.. go meet people. be social. go outside your circle of friends.... when you're out, turn around to the table next to you and say hi. when you're in a store, talk to the person in the line. make a joke in public.
    not everyone will like you, not everyone wants to talk... but through statistics alone, if you meet enough people, you will meet someone you will atleast be friends with.. maybe more.
    then they can introduce you to their friends.. etc.

Thats why the same people that know everyone, also always have a new date. They may or may not be great people... they may not even have great dates.. but they have dates because they're out there... not waiting.

also.. i would never take my advice on the internet.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

you get back what you put into the universe...you have to project confidence and maturity to attract the right men.

Yeah... I've tried that route.
  • MrDude_1
    Options

Agreed!

because i like the idea of a girl being in love with me even if i don't feel the same :\

Don't you think that it is rather ****ty though to make her think you feel the same. Would it be that difficult just to be honest with her?

yea.
    if you're honest.. you lose.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

Agreed!

yea.

Well you just took me back to where I started. Why bother?
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

not to make too many assumptions here, but let me guess.. you're not exceptionally social.

You expect them to remember you after months of not talking and email or call you.

if you want to meet people.. go meet people. be social. go outside your circle of friends.... when you're out, turn around to the table next to you and say hi. when you're in a store, talk to the person in the line. make a joke in public.
    not everyone will like you, not everyone wants to talk... but through statistics alone, if you meet enough people, you will meet someone you will atleast be friends with.. maybe more.

Thats why the same people that know everyone, also always have a new date. They may or may not be great people... they may not even have great dates.. but they have dates because they're out there... not waiting.

You have a good point here. I'm generally friendly and outgoing, but I don't like going out by myself. When I am out by myself, I don't go out of my way to talk to people.
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I still think u should leave this guy alone....U deserve better......
  • DQMD
    DQMD Posts: 193
    Options

Because it beats standing there and taking the emotional hurt.

It is true what you put out into the universe comes back.

When I was not like I am now..all I would attact is manipulative jerks.

When I changed my thinking and told myself I am better..I went without dates for a while...but I stopped attracting those icky ones. Believe me they hit on me all the time but I just kind of ignore them. They go away... A guy has to work REAL hard to get my attention. I think a bit like a man because I remove the emotional aspect of it and use my logical side.
  • MrDude_1
    Options

Agreed!

yea.

its a game.
    its fun.
    it has its ups and downs, but if you keep getting back up, eventually you win.

or you can just get a lot of cats.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options

True story.
  • DavidOfOz
    DavidOfOz Posts: 225
    Options
    (if you aren't considerate of other people's feelings) Why not? :frown:

It all comes down to respecting others, and being honest with yourself, and manning up.

It comes down to alot of things I guess. :happy:

Agreed and well said! :)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

When I changed my thinking and told myself I am better..I went without dates for a while...but I stopped attracting those icky ones. Believe me they hit on me all the time but I just kind of ignore them. They go away... A guy has to work REAL hard to get my attention. I think a bit like a man because I remove the emotional aspect of it and use my logical side.

Well see... I think this is what I do. Except, I don't really remove the emotional aspect when it comes to this guy. Most guys never get a second chance after rejecting me. I have to be honest with myself. IF I decide to pursue him (when this started with him pursuing me), then I'll just end up letting him use me. Which is why I think he shuts me out like this, but then he keeps me dangling... it's like he cares, but just not enough to stop playing games.
  • MrDude_1
    Options

Well see... I think this is what I do. Except, I don't really remove the emotional aspect when it comes to this guy. Most guys never get a second chance after rejecting me. I have to be honest with myself. IF I decide to pursue him (when this started with him pursuing me), then I'll just end up letting him use me. Which is why I think he shuts me out like this, but then he keeps me dangling... it's like he cares, but just not enough to stop playing games.

um.. ignore words.
    watch actions.

our actual actions are what define who we are.. not the words we say.