***FITBYFALL*** weigh in 08-17-09

fiftyandfit
fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Morning my friends,

Didn't see our topic for today, so am taking a chance on starting the weekly thread again...hope it works this time and everyone can find it.

I did HORRIBLE over the weekend.....:grumble: no one to blame but myself:grumble:

ClassiC - am starting c25k as soon as DS #3 leaves the house to catch the bus......

MrsP, everyone else..........WHERE ARE YOU???????

Pam:flowerforyou:

Replies

• bettersusan
    bettersusan Posts: 240 Member
    I wondered if I could join your group. I am looking for a group to join to help with motivation and encouragement. I saw your tread and my weight runs similar to yours. How many are in the group and how does it work. I just started doing this August 1st.

Thanks!

Susan

254666.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • bettersusan
    bettersusan Posts: 240 Member
    How do I list me specific goals like you did?

Susan

254666.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • fiftyandfit
    bettersusan......the more the better! we keep losing members to the wayside....

u can add your goals in ur settings under signature change

weigh in is every monday......we were originally supposed to go thru aug 31st.....
    but with the bad couple of weeks i've been having.....would like to go thru
    dec 31st!! i may end up changing the name to fit by new years or something...
    i'll keep you posted. welcome and best of luck in your life change journey

pam:flowerforyou:
  • ClassiC
    ClassiC Posts: 259 Member
    hey!!!

i found this one:happy: :happy: :happy:

ok today's weigh in - 177lbs (down 3lbs)

finally got my scale to move!!!! woohoo!!!!!!

goal for this week: 2lbs

welcome susan:flowerforyou:
    keep up the great work everyone!
  • fiftyandfit
    ClassiC......u rock!!!:drinker:
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    i just started this site but have lost 6 pounds .,... this is awesome and i now love to workout ....
  • ClassiC
    aww thanks!!
    :flowerforyou:
    after 2.5 months of nothing!! i was so shocked lol:laugh:

keep up the good work too megan!!
  • ClassiC
    where is everyone???:frown:
  • ClassiC
    well folks figured i'd drop by with a positive thought for the day since i'm still up lol

i started the couch to 5k last night.... so that's a new ambition! lol...... gotta say, the walking is alot harder than the running :grumble: just keep at it! lol......

“ Faith is the bird that feels the light and sings while the dawn is still dark.”
    -Anonymous-

(¨`·.·´ ¨) Always
    `·.¸(¨ `·.·´ ¨) Keep
    (¨ `·.· ´¨)¸.·´ Smiling!
    `·.¸.·´

keep the faith that even if we dont see immediate results, we will keep at it & our hard work will pay off - feel the light!!! :flowerforyou:

happy tuesday!
  • anewday
    anewday Posts: 69 Member
    I tried that couch to 5 k before, I thnk I got to day 2!! LOL
    I wasn't in the right mind set, but maybe in the future.
    Sorry I'm late ladies, congrats to all you ladies, your doing GREAT!!!

I really like the idea of extending this post, the 31st is so close and I'm not very near to my goal. I had some bad weeks in there. So if everyone agress, we can keep it going.
    :flowerforyou:

7/06 - 128
    7/13 - 126.5
    7/20 - 125.5
    7/27 - 124
    8/03 - 122.5
    8/10 - 122.5
    8/18 - 119.5
    8/24 -
    8/31 -

Goal Weight - 112
    Total Lose- 8.5
  • tamawamara
    tamawamara Posts: 224 Member
    I hope we can find the others!I was wondering where the link went to check in. I think others have been lost too. I E-mailed MrsP. haven't heard from her yet. Hope Everything's ok. Been having problems here for almost two weeks finding links to fit by fall.!I have lost 3.5 LBS in the last two weeks. Gotta go be back soon!
  • fiftyandfit
    hi friends!

posted earlier, must not have hit "post reply"...duh!

tamawamara....congrats on the lost poundage!! :drinker:

keep checking for FITBYFALL until the end of August.....
    think we'll keep this going thru New Year's Eve....
    any suggestions for thread names starting Sept 1?

Have a happy healthy day
  • Hello everyone. I have used this site before and I love it. I just had a baby in April and really want to lose this weight. Any advise re: exercise and breastfeeding would be appreciated. I always hear how if you are nursing that the weight will just fall off. Well, my weight must be falling off someone else. I know that I am supposed to consume 500 calories more a day for breastfeeding. We (my kids and me) are walking now, everyday, if I can. I work nights and I think that that hinders my goals also. Thank you now for letting me join your group..
  • Queenie000
    Queenie000 Posts: 113 Member
    Welcome everyone, it is great to have more people joining in!

Shelleydiehl- I too am nursing my baby, she just turned one though, and i didn't lose the weight as expected. Everyone talks about how great it is and how much weight they lost while breastfeeding, and it would always frustrate me. The 500 calories is just a general guideline, some moms need more, and some (like myself) need less. The general advice is to not eat less than 1500-1800 calories if you are trying to lose weight, as this may effect your milk supply. I make sure not to eat less than 1500.
    I have only been actively trying to lose weight for the last month, and have lost 2-3 pounds a week by following what mfp says i should eat for my calories, and then by adding in 200 calories for bf under the exercise tab, and eating my exercise calories. I have been walking quite a bit too. This has worked for me, and it hasn't affected my milk supply, but i have a lot of weight to lose, i started out with 105 lbs to lose! Plus, my daughter does eat some solids, but not much and is mostly bf still.

Check out this website for some helpful info too:
    http://kellymom.com/nutrition/mom/mom-weightloss.html

Good luck, and let you me know if you have any questions.
  • ClassiC
    hi friends!

Have a happy healthy day

how about:
    Countdown to Christmas
    Countdown to New Year-New Me
    New Me for the New Year

lol....kinda obvious sounding... i'm not as creative as MrsP obviously:blushing: lol
  • Queenie000
    Queenie000 Posts: 113 Member
    New years would be great, i should be almost halfway to my goal by then!
  • Thank you so much for the advice. I went through the same thing with my son. It is so frustrating. I was in such a good routine last year at this time. I just need to get back to it. I want to lose around 30 lbs, so here is to trying...
  • fiftyandfit
    hi friends!

Have a happy healthy day

how about:
    Countdown to Christmas
    Countdown to New Year-New Me
    New Me for the New Year

lol....kinda obvious sounding... i'm not as creative as MrsP obviously:blushing: lol

WOW!! Really like "New Me for the New Year"
    What does everyone else think????

btw ClassiC.........U ROCK!!:love:
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO weighed myself this morning another 2 pounds lost \:D/
  • tamawamara
    tamawamara Posts: 224 Member
    I haven't been successful in finding mrsprasak05,by emailing her ,nor have I found links to her or the others missing!Like Leefitforlife....I like countdown to New year, New me! Much Better 'n' anything I could think of right now!I was hoping to have hit my goal by then, but am not hitting the fitness level or weight loss goals I'd hope to by now, so a further off date may be necessary! OR maybe a good name would be : Healthier by holidays?Healthy and fit in 2010?I Dunno!I am going on vacation for a few days come this Sunday, The 23rd.- be back later in day, the 26th.So I will check in early , and let you know if I've lost anymore by Sunday.Thanks for getting another link going fiftyandfit!Hope we find our other friends!I miss the quotes. Got lots to do Talk later!
This discussion has been closed.