Shopping in my own closet - NSV

Options
dvisser1
dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
Let me start this by expressing how much I hate to go clothes shopping. I would rather go used car shopping any and every day of the week instead of go clothes shopping. Even when I was in shape I hated shopping. It's a necessity to have something to wear, so I deal with it when I have to.

But this morning I got "new" pants and didn't have to go shopping!

I reached into the dusty, packed full but untouched in years end of my closet and pulled out a pair of pants I haven't fit into in a couple years. They are called a 40 inch waist, but were definitely cut small. I haven't been able to fit my fat @ss into these pants in a long while without threatening to blow all the seams out and shoot a button across the room. Not only did they fit this morning, they were loose! :happy:

Going to have to venture deeper into the closet and find a pair of the 38 inch waist pants I know are hiding in there! This is the kind of shopping I can handle! :tongue:

Replies

• archgrrrl
    archgrrrl Posts: 62
    Options
    That's awesome! :happy: I can't wait til the day I can go shopping in my own closet!
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    Can I come shopping in your closet?...LOL~ Great job! :smile:
  • kolkol
    kolkol Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    sounds like me, I just pulled out a smaller size pants from a drawer I stashed some small things away in! its awesome to not have to spend the money yet when im not ready, i still need to get smaller first. Im hoping to get a certain size by summer because I have a whole tub of clothes!
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I loved that experience! So fun and fulfilling!
  • happypath101
    Options
    Hmmm... you made me think of a new motivator. I have this pretty spring dress I was too self-conscious (aka: tubby) to wear last spring........ :O)
  • tracferg
    tracferg Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite there yet but my jeans which were very UNcomfortable now fit well so a small NSV!
  • iamnoangel
    Options
    That is fantastic, always great when all the hard work pays off! and so much healthier too thats the best thing!!:smile:
  • Codettea
    Codettea Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome! I wish I could do that, but nothing in my closet is smaller than what I was wearing, so I need to actually shop for clothes :(
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Getting healthy and in shape is a long process, at least it has been for me. Started a year ago, really got serious about it when I joined MFP in January. I've lost 45-50 lbs so far, 15 more to my goal weight.

I've learned that it's easy to get frustrated; that I might be to hard on myself when I have a bad day or two with the diet; and that I really hate care about my diet so much all the time. But I've also learned that I can do this pretty easily, that I can practice some self control with my eating and exercising (doing so regularly but not so crazy that I get injured again) and be happy about it, and most importantly that each little victory needs to be celebrated!

I'm happy I can celebrate, and I'm even happier that I might motivate some people along the way! :smile:
  • happypath101
    Options
    Well said! (Sometimes I hate thinking about food and exercise so much too. But, it's far better than feeling out of control.) :O)
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

Shopping in my closet - love it! :D
  • Rynoman2k3
    Rynoman2k3 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I've outshopped my closet and I have to go real shopping now... :tongue:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!